PDA

View Full Version : Alienware scam.... Please help *new*

biohazardx
18-08-2005, 12:27 PM
*This is my first post :)*

I have been looking for a alienware laptop for very cheap and I was browsing the internet one day and found this.

Alienware Area-51m 7700 Laptop 17'' Widescreen Display Native Resolution of 1680x1050 LCD Display Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.20GHz Memory: 2 X 512MB PC-3200 400Mhz RAM Hardrive: 80GB 7200 RPM ATA100 Hardrive Media Drive: DVD+/-RW COMBO Video: NVIDIA GeForce™ Go 6800 with 256MB of memory.

For 590$ !!

I instantly emailed this guy and gotten a response no longer then 1 hour after I send the first email. WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO !! :(
Start at the bottom!
here is the log:

I did email some of his buyers and this is what i got.
Buyer #1: Wonderful man Gonno and hansom too .
He never got late with the orders . Still buying from him he has excelent prices . I am buying Ibooks .
From my side of view he is ok - Kim

Buyer #2: know Gonno very well and he provided me with great products. Last time i bought 2 Dell laptops . He is nice person and i trust him 100%

Buyer #3:Ryan i bought last month from him 450 units of mobile phones .
I made a 7.000£ profit from them . What can i say?The shipping was good.The
insurance was good.The products were good . In fact all the deal was good .

Cheers mate

seller wrote:
Ryan either is the whole amount or no deal .
Sorry but i cannot risk it . The choice is yours .

biohazard wrote:
This is my final decision. I have been talking to my parents ( both mother and father ) and your buyers ( about 7 of them ) about the whole thing and my parents said if it was 100$ they would let me go for it but this is what I came in mind. I will wire you 100$ as soon as the laptop ships and when i recieve i will wire the other 350$ apon arrival. My parents would agree with the whole thing. Im a very loyal person and I can tell your buyers are very loyal to you too.

Email me back A.S.A.P

Seller wrote:
Ryan i do not have a digital cam with me .
I made the picture of it so that i can put it on websites.
Sorry but i do not have a digital camera with me .
if you will believe me good if not i am sorry .

Biohazard wrote:
I tried those adresses on mapquest , they did come up. Alright this is the last thing im going to have to ask you to do to make sure its in your possesion. Take a picture of the laptop and equiptment with a piece of paper next to it saying BIOHAZARD on it. If its there and legit you got yourself a buyer

Seller wrote:
Gina Hanley
301 Parkview Dr
Schenectady, NY 12303-5611
company : Insurance Network
gigivalcea@rock.com
-----------------------------------
Benjamin Geraldo
503 N Nevada St
>Carson City, NV 89703-8826
laurentziuc@rdslink.ro
----------------------------------
Kimberly Jellison
349 Mariposa Dr
Durango, CO 81301-6589
jellison_kimberly@yahoo.com
Topper Andrew
65Neasham Rd
Darlington
County Durham
DL1 4AG
England
topperand@yahoo.co.uk
GAWDET GEORGE
12 UXBRIDGE ROAD
LONDON W12 8LH
England
hasmocar4you@yahoo.com
Alan Horne
39 UPPERTON LANE
EASTBOURNE BN21 2DB
England
company : Autoshop
autoshoppro@yahoo.com
-------------------------------------
Assensvej Vesterbro
66 5600 Faaborg
Danemamark
assensvejdk@yahoo.dk
--------------------------------------
Pedro Aversi
Sirio, 50
28007 MADRID
Spain
nombre_tuve@yahoo.es
---------------------------------------
Tim Morison
5284 Ferry St
Niagara Falls, ON, L2G 1R5
Canada
timmorison@fusemail.com
----------------------------------------
Laruel Donson
303 King St
Winnipeg, MB, R3B 3J8
Canada
donsongmc@netscape.net
--------------------------------------------
Evens Smecleu
345 Victoria Ave
Chatswood 2067
Australia
ameste@kittymail.com
---------------------------------------
Dan Pastwerk
Oslevs 734
Paris 40232
France
collbridge@doramail.com
-------------------------
Derry Unttoly
Theo-Geisel-Str. 6
Usingen 61250
Germany
turnerpops2ever@gawab.com
Joan Garry
108 Turrentine Ct
Gadsden AL 35901
jsegmc@centralpets.com
-------------------------
Glen A Whyte
2320 1st Ave SW
Great Falls MT 59404
comep23@lycos.com
--------------------------

These are some of my buyers .Also here is my number : +xxxxxxxxxxxx. And also the payment will be done by Western Union wire transfer. Believe me i am not trying anything . I will love to have you as a new buyers. Also the computer is brand new so you must not worrie about anything .

Biohazard wrote:
Ive been doing thinking , show me your past buyers and all that and i will think it over.

And will that be ok if I can speak to you on the phone and see the past buyers of yours. And would a money order be ok ?

Seller wrote:
I will ship by Eworld Transports . The shipping will take aprox.2 days and as i told you it will be free . The payment will be done by Western Union wire transfer. Once i send you the tracking number of the shipping you will wire the funds .
Email me with your full name and address so that i can make the shipping procedures .
Also here is the site : www.eworld-trans.com

Bye

Biohazard wrote:
Im just overprotective with buying things worth alot of money over the internet which is in a different country. I have been scammed numerous times over recycler and thats just what made me the person I am. And the person who scammed me for buying my airsoft gun gave me a bogus check from Western Union. I just got my first job and this is my first 512$ I have made , and i dont want it to be scammed. And i would like reference and how can we make this a safe transaction ? And the Area code you used in recycler was invalid. And how can i prove you are for real and wont sell me bs... how can we prove we will be loyal about this .....

Seller wrote:
Ryan i sell products trough Internet .
And also the payment will be done by Western Union . Also i can provide you with my references in USA and Europe too.My buyers can tell you what kind of person i am . All the deals that i've made where wonderful and i want you as a new buyer . Who knows maybe we can make more deals in the future .
Email me and tell me if you want me to send you my references .
Bye

biohazard wrote:
Anyways , how would I be able to send the money , COD ( cash on delivery ? ) and why are you selling it in the firstplace and howcome so cheap ?

seller wrote: Look Ryan the laptop is brand new and you must not worrie about that .
Also i will give it to you for 450$ .
Email me asap .

biohazard wrote:
The only problem I have is , would there be any way I could test it out since your shipping from england and theres no way I can go there and try it. Because I dont want to be spending 550$ on something that may be broken :( , and by the way. Did you say you were just in England for business or do you live there ? And if theres any way i can try before I buy I will buy it for sure. And whats the lowest you can go , because right now all i have is 512$

Ryan

seller wrote:
Hy there ,

Unfortunaly i am in England on some bussiness with some partners. I can ship you the product from here for free . The shipping will take aprox.2-3 days .
Also the laptop is brand new in box . The box is selead and it has a 12 months international warranty . Email me and tell me if you will need additional informations about it and if you want to buy it or not .

Bye

biohazard wrote:
o my bad , i didnt check the picture sent :P , is it that color or black ? that laptop looks awesome :D

Seller wrote: Sorry for the mistake .

Biohazard wrote:
The picture you sent wasnt a alienware , it was a Acer Ferrari laptop .. ?

http://global.acer.com/products/notebook/fr3000.htm

did you sent the wrong picture by any chance.

Seller: wrote:
Ryan the alienware is brand new .
It has warranty . Here is a photo of it .
email me asap .

Biohazard wrote:
I have been looking for a alienware laptop for gaming and all that , but im asking for a picture and if its in working condition ( no overclocking , abusiveness , broken parts , etc...) then i will probably buy. Im in california

Ryan

KiwiTT_NZ
18-08-2005, 01:28 PM
$590 and then $450. Why ?

pctek
18-08-2005, 02:47 PM
Its a scam. Its not hard to set up fake email refs. Keep saving and buy a real one.

CorbinH
18-08-2005, 03:09 PM
sounds like a scam to me the money droping was kinda suspiousious (spelling?) like there tryin to sell it in a hurry and also a comp that good should sell for way more money i think

Ferg
18-08-2005, 07:30 PM
It's simple: If it's too good to be true, it probably is. :2cents:

Billy T
18-08-2005, 09:34 PM
Welcome to PF1

The short answer is that if you send money to this turkey, you will lose it. It is 99% certain that the "seller" is trying to scam you.

It is an old trick: advertise a special interest item at a ridiculously low price and everybody will forget their commonsense in the scramble to get a bargain.

If it was for real it would have sold in the first five minutes, and it probably did, several times over.

Get over it and save enough money to buy from a legit seller at a realistic price.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Marc22964
19-08-2005, 04:25 PM
I'm currently in contact with this person via email and yes it sounds like a scam. his trying to sell me a canon digital camera worth over $1000 for only $450. seems $450 is a magic number for him. i also found his ad in the recycler, california edition. i check the escrow firm he recommends and it looks llike its a fake site. he just want you to send him the money to this site and you will never get your stuff or money back. he is using the name Pendy Rosca on his emails. hope that helps and not too late for you. but let us know if he is legit cuz his stuff are really cheap.

Billy T
19-08-2005, 04:34 PM
I'm currently in contact with this person via email and yes it sounds like a scam. his trying to sell me a canon digital camera worth over $1000 for only $450. seems $450 is a magic number for him. i also found his ad in the recycler, california edition. i check the escrow firm he recommends and it looks llike its a fake site. he just want you to send him the money to this site and you will never get your stuff or money back. he is using the name Pendy Rosca on his emails. hope that helps and not too late for you. but let us know if he is legit cuz his stuff are really cheap.

Sigh..........

Welcome to PF1 Marc

Let me put this to you gently..........

IT IS A SCAM

Now, go lose your money if you feel a desperate need to fund his nefarious activities.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

AMD64guru
26-08-2005, 05:23 AM
hey biohazzard.

Billy T
26-08-2005, 07:30 AM
Welcome to PF1

The rest of your message seems to have gone astray, however I was able to read it on the mail server via Mailwasher. The gist was that you have ordered this computer from the seller, paid your money and are still waiting to receive the goods.

From the prior posts on this thread you probably realise by now that there is a 99% chance that you have been scammed and you will never see the product or get your money back.

If you do have succcess in getting redress, post again and let us know. Otherwise put it down to experience and learn from it.

Any deal that looks too good to be true is probably a scam and should be avoided like the plague.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

AMD64guru
27-08-2005, 12:25 PM
yes this guy was a scammer and now i am out 590 USD. for believing him if u guys want this is his email s320tare@yahoo.com and his phone number is 516-549-5027(USA number) so if u guys want to send him a virus or spam him please feal free to do so. Any way this is a scam so keep away from this jackass.

AMD64guru
27-08-2005, 12:26 PM
oh and i forgot to ask what do u guys think of sage laptops.

AMD64guru
27-08-2005, 12:27 PM
and this is the supposed shiping company he used. www.eworld-trans.com i dont think its outhentic and he faked the TrustE logo on there.

Billy T
27-08-2005, 02:18 PM
and this is the supposed shiping company he used. www.eworld-trans.com i dont think its outhentic and he faked the TrustE logo on there.

For a business supposedly started in England, the fractured english is a dead giveaway. Like many other suspicious sites, Googling is your friend.

Incidentally, a Google search for alienware +$450 brings up an awful lot of hits, and there's an escrow site there somewhere on which every URL links back to the same web address.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

AMD64guru
27-08-2005, 03:00 PM
should have cosulted u earlier billyt thanks for those pointers. would check these things out from now on