PDA

View Full Version : Spybot Detected Threat

Bas
17-08-2005, 09:32 PM
Spybot detected these as threats.
WindowsSecurityCenterAntiVirusDisableNotify[
and
WSCAntivirusOveride.
Does anyone have any info about these and what action to take?

John H
17-08-2005, 09:48 PM
I notice that Spybot has started doing that with me as well. I am running Sygate Personal Firewall Pro and Avast on two computers, and the same firewall and System Suite on the third. I have turned off the Doze Firewall, and XP doesn't seem to recognise the System Suite Anti Virus programme, though it does recognise Avast.

The first time I got the message from Spybot I exited without doing anything, but I later tried an experiment with the family computer and authorised Spybot to deal to the FirewallOveride warning. When I restarted, Doze started nagging me about not having a firewall turned on blah blah etc.

I can only assume that Spybot now does not recognise the use of anti virus and fireall alternatives to Doze (e.g. Sygate). It is an irritant. I suggest you just ignore it or you will end up going around in circles.

Bas
17-08-2005, 10:21 PM
Thanks John H.

Tonight right clicked each entry and on menu clicked 'Exclude from further Searches' and have since done a couple of Spybot Searches. Two entries no longer appeared.

John H
18-08-2005, 09:33 AM
Thanks Bas, will do that myself next search.

Cheers, John

CYaBro
18-08-2005, 10:28 AM
I think it is doing this now because there are viruses / malware that disable the firewall and antivirus programs and also the windoze warnings that they are disabled.
If you know for sure that your 3rd party firewall and antivirus programs are running then ignore the spybot warnings :D