PDA

View Full Version : pioneer 109 black not runing arrr

twoleftfeet
15-08-2005, 09:59 PM
hi, cant get this thing to work, loaded the latest firmware, my system recognises thats it there, but wont run. when cd/dvd is in drive, it says it isnt, did the slave master cable thing, even had it there by its self.... just about to throw it out the window and buy something else
cpu amd xp 2600+
1 gig ram
maxtor 80 gig hdd ata 133 7200rpm
xp pro
abit nf7 mb
radeon 9600se

Speedy Gonzales
15-08-2005, 10:03 PM
Hmm check the BIOS again. See if it detects it as Secondary master or slave.

And that the jumper on the back of it is either Master or slave as well.

Whats on the same IDE connection as this burner? Anything else?

antonia1
16-08-2005, 01:41 PM
When you put the CD into the drive does the drive start reading it? (green light blinking)
If it doesn't then the problem is with the pioneer hardware.

If the green light is blinking for a while but windows still says there isn't any disc in the drive, you might check if you have the right sort of IDE cable for it.

If the IDE cable model is right, try running it without any jumpers and the CD drive at the end (NOT THE MIDDLE) of the IDE cable.

twoleftfeet
19-08-2005, 08:11 PM
hi, cant get this thing to work, loaded the latest firmware, my system recognises thats it there, but wont run. when cd/dvd is in drive, it says it isnt, did the slave master cable thing, even had it there by its self.... just about to throw it out the window and buy something else
cpu amd xp 2600+
1 gig ram
maxtor 80 gig hdd ata 133 7200rpm
xp pro
abit nf7 mb
radeon 9600se

tried that, must be the hardware, light doe not show up, ejects ok, and thats about it, check bio's.... oh well going to go with a samsung or sony, and use my pioneer as a door stop. thanks for the help, Ill keep on mucking around with it till the end of this weekend, then its gone