PDA

View Full Version : Google History

mick
06-08-2005, 11:38 PM
Hi is it possible to clear past google searches,because when I go to put a word in the search panel all past words come up that start with the same letter :( .
I'm running XP and have cleared History in the Internet Options NO luck
Mick

godfather
06-08-2005, 11:58 PM
http://www.mopo.ca/autocomplete.html

Mike
07-08-2005, 01:14 PM
I'm guessing you're using Internet Explorer.

Go to google, and instead of typing anything into the search box, just click in there once with the mouse and wait a second or three. A list should appear with all your past searches - just mouse down onto the first one (but don't click), then hold down the DEL key. You will see then that you are deleting the previous entries.

If you only want to delete for certain letters, type the first letter (or more if you want to refine it more) and then click and wait for the drop down and follow the same procedure as above.

HTH

Mike.

PS This works for almost all webpage text boxes - it doesn't just apply to Google.

forfun
07-08-2005, 02:41 PM
if ur using mozilla then just go tools/options/saved form information/clear

SurferJoe46
07-08-2005, 04:37 PM
If you do this:

if ur using mozilla then just go tools/options/saved form information/clear.........................

you might remove all the forms you input including some that you might want to keep.....I use this which I think is a better way......

Get the Mozilla/Google homepage up, and hold down CONTROL and tap "H". This will bring up the History tree in the left column. Find the little boxes for expanding/collapsing the headings like "TODAY - YESTERDAY - 2 DAYS AGO" ETC, and, then just right click and DELETE that entry. You can be a lot more selective that way and not bother the forms and places that you want to save.

You can delete the whole day or week or just select individual history entries this way.

Hope this helps a little. There is more than one way to skin a cat. :thumbs:

mick
07-08-2005, 09:09 PM
A big thanks to you all, History in google has gone. Its great to have this site for help.