PDA

View Full Version : SO ANNOYING!

forfun
06-08-2005, 05:38 PM
Hey
Sometimes when i open a game the screen goes black and the game loads up normally but all i see is black! I can hear the sound and everything and the comp is still running fine but i cant see the game im in, If i ctr+alt+del it then it flicks up for a sec then back to normal destop task managaer!

It's really strange because sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't and i have to restart if it's happenning for any games to work again

I have a Radeon X300 SE Graphics card

its soooo annoyying ahhhh
cheers

Jen
06-08-2005, 06:06 PM
I take it you have installed the latest drivers for your card, and are not trying to run the game in a resolution which is not supported? It is just one particular game, or any game that does this?

Parry
06-08-2005, 06:13 PM
Hi, its likely to be the video driver but I am yet to install a game that didnt have a patch released for it. After installing the game you should always download the patches for the game from the publishers.

Next, see if there is a FAQ/forum on their site. There may be work-arounds for common issues and this may be one of them.

If still a no-goer then download latest video driver for your card.

forfun
06-08-2005, 07:00 PM
Hey guys
It has nothing to do with versions of the game or drivers. It happens with alot of games and i have instaled the latest drivers. I'm pretty sure it only happens with games that have 3D graphics though.

cheers

Parry
06-08-2005, 09:09 PM
Hey guys
It has nothing to do with versions of the game or drivers. It happens with alot of games and i have instaled the latest drivers. I'm pretty sure it only happens with games that have 3D graphics though.

cheers

In that case download and install the latest version of DirectX

Greg
06-08-2005, 09:50 PM
In that case download and install the latest version of DirectX
Yeah, and also run dxdiag to see if any directx issues come up. Remember that a lot of games come with older versions of directx that won't be compatible with later games. So check that you've got version 9.c.

forfun
06-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Hey thanks again

I have the latest version of dirext X (9.0c) so i dont think thats the problem

I'v run DXDIAG and done all the diagnostic tests but they all came out fine lol.

This problem only happens sometimes and other times the games work fine so it must be something else thats running thats causing it sometimes.

But what???

cheers