PDA

View Full Version : msn keeps dropping offline

bizzack
03-08-2005, 01:20 AM
I was wondering what could be causing my MSN chat to drop offline all the time, could my router's setting be causing it or some other setting? it's so annoying. it stays on line for 5 mins, then drops... it does it all night and then sometimes it doesnt do it at all... anyone got any ideas?

roddy_boy
03-08-2005, 01:32 AM
Yeah mine used to do the same. I'm with Orcon 256 Bitstream and was following the forums there and there were a few others complaining about it too.. Don't think its the ISPs fault though 'cos mine's fixed now and my flatmates has started doing it. Might be spyware or something of that nature though.

Renmoo
03-08-2005, 05:45 AM
Have you give your computer a good spyware / virus checkup? Visit Spyware / Virus FAQ (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/faq.php?faq=pressf1_faqs_security#faq_pressf1_faq_ 16) if you are not sure what I had mentioned above.

Cheers :)

personthingy
03-08-2005, 10:23 AM
Msn does that.....

My only suggestion is use alternative proticols where possible as they are faster and more reliable. My favourate is Yahoo, ICQ is quite good too.

I run all three with one contact using Gaim as my instant messenger. When ever this contact comes online Gaim dings 3 times so i know who it is. Yahoo is the first to connect every time. Msn is always last.