PDA

View Full Version : does ..... have refresh all tabs options?

beetle
26-07-2005, 03:05 PM
um.yes ive bitten the bullet and trying out a new browser and want to know if Opera has a refresh all tabs option ?

beetle

Speedy Gonzales
26-07-2005, 03:32 PM
Opera has a reload option on the right mouse, where u can select so many secs / mins, before the page reloads. Sounds the same as refresh.

The only thing is, I think u have to select so many secs/mins on each page/tab u open.

BUT then, I think if u close Opera, you have to do it all over again.

It doesnt stay put.

FoxyMX
26-07-2005, 03:46 PM
Ctrl + F5 will reload all open tabs.

Ctrl + R will reload the current open tab.

Speedy Gonzales
26-07-2005, 03:48 PM
So it does :eek:

Didnt try Ctrl to find out before.

beetle
27-07-2005, 09:13 PM
Well still being frustrated by a lack of all tabs refresh button or right click option.

the right click options have too many options in my mind, but its ok,
Seems to be slower to load than FF was. still dont think it flows as well. but i am perservering.

time will tell and i miss FF badly.....

:rolleyes:

beetle

FoxyMX
27-07-2005, 10:37 PM
Alrighty Missy Beetle, let's get you a button to reload all pages shall we? :D

Go to Tools > Preferences > Advanced > Toolbars > Menu Setup, click on Opera Standard, then Duplicate and OK.

Close Opera and go to Opera > Profile > Menu in Program Files. Right click the standard_menu (1).ini file, choose Open With > Notepad.

Go to the bottom of this file, press Enter once and paste in the following:

[Refresh Button Menu]
Item, 50420=Stop
Item, 51212=Refresh display
Item, 44012=Load all images
Item, 44003=Reload frame
Item, "Reload page source" = Ok & Stop & Go to page, "%u"
Item, 50065=Reload
Item, 50725=Reload all pages
Submenu, 200000, Reload Menu

Save the file.

Open Opera with only one tab again and go to this post (http://my.opera.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=865755&highlight=reload+pages#post865755). Click on the Reload button and say yes when it says Are you sure?

A dialogue box will open with a button in it. Drag that button up to your toolbar where you want it to be - I suggest alongside the reload button.

As you can see you have a menu when you click on that button. If you want the button to be just a Reload all pages button then close Opera and go back to that file you added the text above to and delete everything except the Reload all pages option so that it now looks like this:

[Refresh Button Menu]

Once again save the file, reload Opera and try it out. ;)

If you can manage that and are happy with it I will investigate the other things you are wanting and not wanting and see if we can fix those too.

Aren't I just so good to you....? :D

beetle
28-07-2005, 03:34 PM
LOL
blind leading the blind round here and after lots of whats and laughs, duh and other assorted words of understanding......my mum has helped a poor little beetle......:D

:rolleyes:

so i have a refresh / refresh all option on my button...lol

next problem tab colours....oh joy...:p

thanxs all,
this configuring new progs is a painful experience...... FF was so much easier...:p
thanxs Mum

beetle

beetle
28-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Um
The adds (not opera adds) are slowly driving me battier....lol
Does opera have a adblock extension?

I did check and found a whole lot of file / data stuff to add, but i need hand holding to get me through this.............LOL

i dont quite get the jargon they talking about,

who uses what and what is the best method?

beetle

Speedy Gonzales
29-07-2005, 12:01 AM
Dunno if Opera has some kind of plugin.

I use Norton Internet Security, which blocks ads, in whatever browser.

btw 8.02 just came out.

The version which removes the bittorent preview / client. Which may get added later.

http://www.opera.com/download/

FoxyMX
29-07-2005, 11:16 AM
Whoa Beetle Girl, look what I found! Follow these instructions and you are gonna weally wuv me for this. :D

Firstly, copy and paste this post into a temporary Notepad file to refer to while Opera is closed.

1. Close Opera.

2. In Windows Explorer go to Program Files > Opera > Profile > Menu. Delete the standard_menu (1).ini file that you edited yesterday.

3. With your Menu folder still open and selected go to File > New > Text Document. Name this my_menu.ini
(Note: Click Yes when it asks if you want to rename the extension).

4. Double-click your new text document and copy the following into it:

Opera Preferences version 2.0
; Menu specification file for Opera 8.01
; This file is stored in UTF-8 encoding

[Version]
File Version=2

[Info]
Name=My menu prefs
Description=Personal Opera menu setup
Comments=This file contains only modified items...
Author=FoxyMX
Version=1

[Refresh Button Menu]
Item, 50065=Reload

[Document Popup Menu]

Item, 50065=Reload
Item, 50725 =Reload all pages
Submenu, 200000, Reload Menu
;Item, 50429, = Stop
;Item, 50430, = Go to homepage
Item, 70464 = Add to bookmarks, 1
Item, 50215 = Copy document address
Item, 65178 = Send document address in mail
Item, 50004 = Print document
Include, Internal Frame
Include, Internal Document Background
;Item, 50432 = Duplicate page
;Item, 52035 = Create linked window
;--------------------6

5. Save the file.

6. Open Opera again with only one tab and go to Tools > Preferences > Advanced > Toolbars > Menu setup and click on My menu prefs then click OK.

7. Now try out your right-click on a webpage. :D

For the adverts, check your emails. ;)

beetle
29-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Life it seems is never simple............

Do this beetle do that, in this file, here and where ? and save this as that and wot?

thank you for msn............ it looks simple enuf, till i try to do something, and im always paranoid of killing it, me or the machine.....Mets would never forgive me.............:p

i now have a much smalled right click option list, and a reload / refresh button and some adds missing.........

slight issue with MSN adds, saying i cannot connect to server etc, and still abox where there should be nothing............ ???

Mum has to think about this one...LOL :p

thanxs all, and thanxs MUM! for being patient and kind.

till next time

beetle

Scouse
29-07-2005, 12:47 PM
Hi Folks. Nice morning down this way.
I must say, this thread does not exactly induce me to try this particular browser. Looks like hard work. Good luck beetle. :cool:

Speedy Gonzales
29-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Nothing wrong with Opera.

Some people just want to go around the long way of doing things :rolleyes:

beetle
29-07-2005, 01:06 PM
Huh ................

so i might as well chuck it in then youre saying?

i am not and have never professed to be a geek and understanding the inns and outs of files and data....so this opera thing is a bit out of my league,

FF seems so easy compared to this, i just would like a browser that fits me, not me who fits the browser.........

we are all individual and some of us just take longer to grasp these things........:(

beetle

Metla
29-07-2005, 01:31 PM
....After all the fanfare I deleted Opera a few days back.....

beetle
29-07-2005, 01:35 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

beetle

Scouse
29-07-2005, 02:27 PM
Suffering cats....... I had been thinking of giving it a whirl. Abandoned. :cool:

beetle
29-07-2005, 02:34 PM
chicken.....................:p

beetle

Scouse
29-07-2005, 03:01 PM
chicken..................... True. At my age I have a fairly limited time to learn and master new/different products. Particularly when what I'm using seems to satisfy most of my requirements. For better or worse, I accepted Metla's judgement. :cool:

beetle
29-07-2005, 07:59 PM
i get these pop up boxes on almost every refresh.
what does it mean? it also shows this blurb in the add it is supposed to be blocking.

Connection closed by remote server

http://view.atdmt.com /MSN/iview/msnnkhac001728x90xWBCSLF00110msn/direct/0

sigh......

i dont know how to fix or what is the prob.

beetle

FoxyMX
30-07-2005, 09:07 PM
i get these pop up boxes on almost every refresh.
what does it mean?
Geez, there's no pleasing some people. You'll just have to quit visiting those naughty sites, that's all. :rolleyes:

LMAO

Just kidding. :D

I've sent you the fix that should get rid of them. ;)

Huh ................ so i might as well chuck it in then youre saying?
Speedy wasn't saying that. He just meant that we could have missed out on all that fun if you accepted that all you needed to do was use the Ctrl+F5 shortcut keys to refresh all pages.

We enjoyed all the fun though, didn't we? :p

beetle
31-07-2005, 10:40 AM
:illogical

:waughh:

beetle

sal
31-07-2005, 01:16 PM
hey Foxy, with all this Opera8 UI altering going on, would you by any chance know how to change the default 'highlight color' in Opera from yellow to another color? You know, when you hover over buttons etc.

beetle
01-08-2005, 09:24 PM
I think its a beetle thing i try something new and im destined to have problems and not like what it doesnt have and end up frustrated cos i dont know how to fix it....

Well ive been purservering and find that i get an enormous amount of pop ups that say cannot connect to server on any tab, and then when click on ok they wont go away.......

i find also it says that lots when i type in a url for a site...... sometimes it takes 3 or more goes before it accpets its a proper url and fires up the page.

what could i possibly be doing wrong or have set wrong?

or is this a quirk ill have o live with?

im finding the configuring is worse than just finding extensions for Firefox. a pain.

but i can see why people like it,

maybe its just not a me thing. :dogeye:

beetle

beetle
15-07-2006, 04:58 PM
Ok i know this thread is old, but its still relevant for me.......

Mum i cant get the reload all buttons thing to work in a new version of opera.......
what am i doing wrong? as usual.

sigh............need you help mum.

beetle :D

FoxyMX
16-07-2006, 12:38 PM
Is this for Opera 8.x or for the new one, Opera 9?

beetle
16-07-2006, 01:10 PM
Ok banking is opera 8

Surfing is opera 9.01 and this is the tab all load refresh i want it on...........

help?

beetle

FoxyMX
16-07-2006, 06:19 PM
For a Reload All Pages button for your toolbar go to this page (http://nontroppo.org/tools/buttonmaker/) and fill out the form. :D

For the first field scroll right down to "Reload all pages" and click.

In the fourth field "Choose an Icon" select one you want, eg "Reload".

Now click "Create button" and some buttons will appear just above the fields you filled in. Drag the "Reload all pages" box up to your toolbar.

And that's it. Not too hard, surely? :waughh:

Oh yeah, make sure you only have one tab open when you do this.

beetle
17-07-2006, 04:44 PM
Yes mum ya did it!!!!!!!
it works and it seems beetle safe..............well so far......:D

Thanxs Mum!

works just fine and dandy...

beetle:D