PDA

View Full Version : Elitegroup Motherboards

TJR
26-07-2005, 10:42 AM
Hi everyone.

I am considering buying one of these motherboards to replace the Albatron KX600S Pro board I running with my AMD 3.0 Barton. I Would appreciate some feedback as to the quality and performance of these boards. Thank you.

Speedy Gonzales
26-07-2005, 10:48 AM
I would do a search in Google or Yahoo, on the mobo u intend to get, and see if there are any good/bad reviews for it.

Metla
26-07-2005, 10:56 AM
Worth looking at if your main concern is budget, they have had some horrers in the past and each board is best looked at on its own merits (as in you can't blindly purchase one on namesake like you can pretty much do with an Asus of Gigabyte)

Which board are you looking at?

The Nforce4 board they have is well priced.

tweak'e
26-07-2005, 11:03 AM
my 2c worth...

the albatron is middle of the road brand, ECS is the cheapo end. mind you ECS is probley the biggest elcheapo manafacture and certainly would be preferred over any other elcheapo.

however even big name brands are known to have a bad run of products so hunt up info on the particular model you want.

pctek
26-07-2005, 04:51 PM
Metla won't approve but I can't bring myself to recommend them.
They aren't the worst, and possibly may even have improved, although I'd like to see some RMA statistics to back that up, but I hesitate all the same.

Myth
26-07-2005, 07:06 PM
Maybe I got one of the horrors that Metla mentioned, but I had one 3 years ago that lasted all of 13 months. I certainly won't get another one.
The replacement board was an MSI (which I still have)

Chilling_Silence
26-07-2005, 11:22 PM
Ive personally had no issues at all with ECS Motherboards and found them to be the better part of the low-cost solutions :)