PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with mainboard?

zzusa
25-07-2005, 03:26 PM
My emachine(T2484) did not work. After checked power supply, I was advised to change mainboard by a computer technician. Is there anybody know how to check the mainboard instead of simply discard it?

another question: why after I restored the CD(those CDs include window XP)provided by emachine, computer still can't get into window XP? Because I changed the mainboard? please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks

Metla
25-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Nowhere near enough info.

Though if you want my advice then put down the screwdriver and send the comp into a technician....though not the one who told you to swap out the motherboard.

Myth
25-07-2005, 04:08 PM
My emachine(T2484) did not work. After checked power supply, I was advised to change mainboard by a computer technician. Is there anybody know how to check the mainboard instead of simply discard it?There are many reasons the computer may not work... as Metla said, see another tech (ask around your mates first, see who they take their computers to, are they reasonable etc)

another question: why after I restored the CD(those CDs include window XP)provided by emachine, computer still can't get into window XP? Because I changed the mainboard? please help me to solve this problem.If the mainboard chipset is the same chipset as the other mainboard, your recovery CD SHOULD work. Though recovery CDs do tend to be finnicky about hardware changes.