PDA

View Full Version : Web Site will not load

rdee
23-07-2005, 12:58 PM
HI,I have XP & 256 Jetstream.I am trying to action links in http://www.thepacific.net/ but it will not load & even after 10mins-will not time out even-the X just keeps spinning.I have contacted the site but they can see nothing wrong-this problem has gone on for weeks.Also the Yahoo site opens only to a blank page,but,when I refresh it,it opens OK.Any ideas?? cheers rdee

Shiner
23-07-2005, 01:20 PM
Rdee, I tried ThePacific.net and the site opened instantly. I have had similar problems with some sites and it is usually caused by security setting in the browser. You don't mention which browser you are using, or whether you are running a firewall. The latter shouldn't make a difference, but sometimes does.

rdee
23-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Thanks Shiner,I use IE6 but tried Firefox & no problems.Now I will try to repair IE6 as it is on default security-tried without firewalls but no difference.Thanks for clue rdee

Shiner
23-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Glad that you have solved the problem using Firefox. I converted to Firefox from IE6 a couple of weeks ago and find it very good. A much smaller programme and faster than IE6 - I think I'll stick with it...