PDA

View Full Version : Share jetstream connection

indapie2000
19-07-2005, 07:04 PM
Hi.
I just got a new comoputer in my room, so now theres one in my room and the one I'm using now in the fmaily room. The family one is connected to jetstream. I am wondering how I can connect my other computer to the same adsl connection.

I have a phone socket in my room and was wondering if buying a cheap ADSL modem from trademe, and then using it to connect my computer to the jetstream connection is a good idea? Beause I'm not too keen on buying a rooter and having cables going my my room to the other computer.

godfather
19-07-2005, 07:20 PM
Only one ADSL "modem" can connect at any one time, if you were to use that method the PC in the family room would have to be disconnected from the phone line or the modem turned Off when you connected the PC in the bedroom and vice versa.

Renmoo
19-07-2005, 07:26 PM
...Beause I'm not too keen on buying a rooter and having cables going my my room to the other computer.
Go wireless, then. Sometimes, it is cheaper than laying out those CAT5 cables. Try to keep metallic object away from the computers and router to avoid unnecessary interference and speed-lag if you intend to do so.

Cheers :)