PDA

View Full Version : PC to TV

roddy_boy
19-07-2005, 06:37 PM
Have searched the threads here at pressf1 and have been unable to find anything so was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me if it is possible to connect my laptops' monitor out 15-pin connector to a tv somehow? I've tried googling and it looks like i might need some sort of a box to convert the signal. Any ideas what sort of quality it will be and whether or not its worth it? I mainly want to do it so i can watch dvd's on my tv using my lappy's dvd player.

Thanks,
Roddy Boy

Greven
19-07-2005, 06:44 PM
You will need an external box to convert it. Check out http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/42dc933103131b5e273fc0a87f9906bf/Product/View/XH4624.
I imagine the quality will be the same as using TV out on a video card that supports it. In my experience, TV out is fine for watching movies & possibly playing games, but it will be hard to read small text (such as all the programs in the start menu).

roddy_boy
19-07-2005, 07:00 PM
Thanks Greven for that link. That looks like the kinda thing I would need, however its looking a bit pricier than i was expecting. Thanks anyway though.