PDA

View Full Version : Dual Lcd monitor

Ninjabear
19-07-2005, 06:57 AM
I got a question

I just got a new monitor and there's another one being repaired.I know I can run 2 monitors at once.I have a vga and a Dvi port.

Is it possible to say run my 17 inch monitor on gaming and run the 15 inch at the same time but display what im downloading or maybe read messages from my msn messenger?

For example.I would run two monitors at once.Start off with the same screen

I run age of mythology on the first monitor which is the 17 inch while running my 15inch showing maybe my emails etc?

Hmm did that make sense?

Oh another question.How do I know what kinda of ram im running?Are there any software that can detect what im using?

Ninjabear
19-07-2005, 07:21 AM
Question number 3

MY Lcd monitor has a usb pot.I plugged the cable from the monitor to the computer and nothing happens.

Manual doesn't say what it does

Does anybody know why there's a usb port on the monitor?

It's not the power because I've tried it.Monitor didn't turn on when if i just plugged the usb cable in.

Why is there a USB port in the side of my lcd monitor?

chiefnz
19-07-2005, 07:24 AM
Yes this is possible. What kind of graphics card are you running? Both ATi and nVidia have the capability to run applications on preset monitors.

nVidia's tool is called nView and is bundled with the nVidia Forceware drivers.

ATi's tool is called Hydravision and is bundled with the ATi Catalyst drivers.

The best way to check your RAM is to simply remove the modules and inspect the manufacturer name on it.

As for the USB port on the monitor I have no idea... 1st time I've heard of it but I don't know what it's for :illogical

Hope that helps.

cheers

chiefnz

SurferJoe46
19-07-2005, 07:25 AM
your: ...Why is there a USB port in the side of my lcd monitor?

MIGHT be for live or recorded input from a vcr or camera of some sort..maybe even a memchip?

Ninjabear
19-07-2005, 07:43 AM
I have a ATI Radeon 9800Se its been using a differnt driver so now act as a 9800 PRO

Ninjabear
19-07-2005, 07:44 AM
Hydrvision is in my task bar..

chiefnz
19-07-2005, 07:54 AM
Why is there a USB port in the side of my lcd monitor?

According to this site (http://www.computing.net/windowsme/wwwboard/forum/45112.html) the monitor acts as a USB hub provided you have this functionality built into the mobo... apparently there is a jumper on your mobo to activate this USB hub functoinality.

cheers

chiefnz

Ninjabear
19-07-2005, 08:09 AM
Uh .I well uh shove my usb flash drive.Lol.Nothing happens

Jen
19-07-2005, 12:03 PM
Oh another question.How do I know what kinda of ram im running?Are there any software that can detect what im using?Yes, if you download and run Everest Home Edition (http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en&pageid=1) it will tell you what speed your RAM is.

MY Lcd monitor has a usb pot.I plugged the cable from the monitor to the computer and nothing happens.Is that the special USB cable that was supplied with the monitor? From memory it should have two male plugs on the ends. The USB ports on the monitor acts like a mini-hub.

Renmoo
19-07-2005, 12:10 PM
Uh .I well uh shove my usb flash drive.Lol.Nothing happens
Perhaps you need to connect a cable from the monitor into another USB port from your motherboard? It could be that the USB port at the side of your LCD monitor is acting as a "hub".

Cheers :)

FoxyMX
19-07-2005, 12:19 PM
Is it possible to say run my 17 inch monitor on gaming and run the 15 inch at the same time but display what im downloading or maybe read messages from my msn messenger?

For example.I would run two monitors at once.Start off with the same screen

I run age of mythology on the first monitor which is the 17 inch while running my 15inch showing maybe my emails etc?
In theory yes you can but I read not long ago that it was a bit of a strain for the computer to do so with the more demanding types of games.

I often have a 17" LCD and 15" CRT monitor running at the same time with different apps on each but I don't play games. With my recent project, capturing video off an analogue camera, I have had to close down most of my running apps however, to avoid dropped frames.

In short, if your system can handle it you can do it.

godfather
19-07-2005, 02:43 PM
Games that run in full screen mode may not play well with dual monitors, it depends if they were well coded or are able to be configured for them.