PDA

View Full Version : Crap Cleaner

Chris Randal
18-07-2005, 10:47 PM
Has anybody used this lately?

Is it any good?

Does their registry backup feature make it easy to undo changes?

Alternatively how about the "System Internals" page of Spybot - is that safe?

Many thanks

Chris Randal

Speedy Gonzales
18-07-2005, 10:52 PM
The latest version is good. It cleans temp files / the registry etc. Altho I havent backed up any registry stuff.

I just delete what appears, but have never had any probs with XP dying on me.

It's got a tools/startup option as well. Handy if u get something that disables regedit / msconfig. Like a worm / trojan.

And the good thing is, it's free.

Metla
18-07-2005, 10:52 PM
lately?

let me see....ran it a few times today,use it at least once a day,...sometimes 20 or 30 times in a week

Never had it cause an issue as far as its reg scan goes,so never had to restore a backup,same goes for Spybots internal scan.

The only issue I had had is it removes the BLOB extension,which means steam can't see how much of its software is resident on the machine and it will want to download all content again even though its all still sitting pretty where ya left it (and when the average steam folder is a couple of GB.... :eek: )

Chris Randal
18-07-2005, 10:57 PM
Should have said W98SE......

So some dummy (like me) would have no trouble using it?

Chris Randal

Speedy Gonzales
18-07-2005, 11:07 PM
There's only 4 options in it.

Cleaner to delete temp files etc, issues for invalid / missing files in the registry, and the tools / startup and uninstall option.

And a Windows/application tab, where u can untick/tick for whatever program thats installed. Before u click on Run Cleaner.