PDA

View Full Version : Laser printers

JimboJones
18-07-2005, 09:20 PM
I use 2 laser printers, one hp and one an oki c3100. why do thye have an slight red tinge in the prints? the hp one is 2 years old and the oke c3100 is bout 2 months.

andrew93
19-07-2005, 01:08 AM
Can you post a photo? Is it happening on both printers? What model is the HP? If it is happening on both, have you tried some other paper?
Andrew

JimboJones
19-07-2005, 07:08 PM
Dunno, I've tried heaps of paper weights and label paper, I think the redness its just happening lately.

The hp one is from school, and my teacher fixed it by replacing the toner or something. Now the same thing is happening to the oki one at work. I was thinking this might be a common problem?

Whats toner? does it make the paper schiny?

godfather
19-07-2005, 07:17 PM
Toner is the ink, in powder form.

In a laser printer, toner gets deposited on the paper and fused on with a hot roller to become the printed text or graphics.

Perhaps it just indicates that the toner is running out, and not as thick as it should be?
It's not a known fault, but everyone could have a different perception of what a "slight red tint" would be, as 12% of all males are partially colour-blind....

plod
19-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Do the prints actually look red to you or just against the monitor?

andrew93
19-07-2005, 11:09 PM
It's not a known fault
Good call GF, that's why I asked for a photo. After fixing many many printers, I've never seen a black and white laser printer produce 'red' output - that's assuming it is a black and white laser printer and I'm not saying it's impossible, I've just never seen it (yet).
Andrew

plod
19-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Good call GF, that's why I asked for a photo. After fixing many many printers, I've never seen a black and white laser printer produce 'red' output - that's assuming it is a black and white laser printer and I'm not saying it's impossible, I've just never seen it (yet).
Andrew
The OKI is a colour laser, I can't tell from the hp,
Andrew have you had any dealing's with canon inkjet's?(S750) model..
I