PDA

View Full Version : Arrrgg can't get incd 4 working

J_Joyce
18-07-2005, 09:17 PM
Hi folks, I brought a 'PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-109' drive a couple of weeks ago from pb technologies in auckland the drive includes a bundles nero oem software disk.

The drive works great no problems writing or anything like that, only thing is I can't get any sort of respose from incd 4 other than clicking 'options, about and help' on the task icon even when i put a rw dvd or cd in the icon in the taksbar icon doesn't change from the standard. There's no format command if i write click on the drive and also if i click prepare/format disk on the nero smart start menu nothing happenes.

I've updated incd 4 off the nero website after running the incd cleaner. Also updated the firmware. Still have the same problem

Running: windows xp woth sp2 and updates

If anyone can help me with this problem that would be great thanks
- Jacob

bob_doe_nz
18-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Well I seriously doubt the CD Drive being the source of the error.

Its probably something in Windoze which is causing the error. :2cents:

edit:
What about the older version of Incd that came with your CD drive.
does that install properly and have you got "Nero Burnrights" Installed?

On 2000/XP systems I think its nesscary to have burning rights installed if you want to allow users to use the incd feature

ftp://ftp6.nero.com/NeroBurnRightsInstaller.exe

Speedy Gonzales
18-07-2005, 10:44 PM
Maybe its conflicting with XP's built in burning?

J_Joyce
18-07-2005, 11:53 PM
xp's built in burning has been disabled, and my user avvount is set as admin so their shouldn't be any problems there. I've tried both the version that came with the writer and the update both give the same result. Only thing I can think of that I forgot to mention is when I got into nero infotool no 'system aspi' drivers show only the 'nero aspi' ones show

Speedy Gonzales
19-07-2005, 12:03 AM
You dont need ASPI for XP. Nero will work with its own ASPI driver.

Only previous version of windows need it. ie 98 etc.

If u want to do data cds, just use Nero. It will do it.

J_Joyce
19-07-2005, 12:15 AM
just writing cd's in general works fine, it's incd 4 that's 1 complete no-go

pctek
19-07-2005, 12:17 AM
InCDs horrible, I'd be pleased its not working.

bob_doe_nz
19-07-2005, 12:48 AM
InCDs horrible, I'd be pleased its not working. know any other packet writing software?

J_Joyce
19-07-2005, 01:04 AM
InCDs horrible, I'd be pleased its not working.

true that, it's just I like the ability copy and paste files with explorer especially with rw disks.. Though it seems that windows doesn't support dvd rw disks quote=image files limited to 1gb of space"

TeejayR
19-07-2005, 08:13 AM
It may just be that the drive is not MRW capable - this is the case with my BENQ DW1625.

The Nero 6 disc included with it has InCD on it as part of the package

You can check out the drive capability through My Computer, Right Click on the DVD drive, select Properties then the InCD tab.

SurferJoe46
19-07-2005, 08:32 AM
"................know any other packet writing software?"

How about B's Gold?

Love it!

J_Joyce
19-07-2005, 12:03 PM
You can check out the drive capability through My Computer, Right Click on the DVD drive, select Properties then the InCD tab.

except in my case there is no "incd tab" only 'General' 'Autoplay' 'Hardware' and 'Recording' (which has been disabled) funny thing is the incd icon still sits in the taskbar

bob_doe_nz
19-07-2005, 12:17 PM
J_Joyce, Is "Nero Burn Right" installed?

J_Joyce
19-07-2005, 03:28 PM
yep 'Nero burnng rights' is installed and set to all users

bob_doe_nz
19-07-2005, 04:17 PM
I just got Incd 4 on my computer and from what I can tell, if I want to format the disk I now have to use My Computer/ right-click drive and format from there.
But I use CDRW's so things are different probably

J_Joyce
19-07-2005, 05:50 PM
there's no format command if i right click on the drive under my computer... As far as i under stand cdrw's and dvdrw's are the same except the dvdrw's hold more data