PDA

View Full Version : Pse - Someone in Blenheim to assist elderly retiree (no, not me)

John W
16-07-2005, 09:57 PM
Help please.

A few years back, Peter and myself lived in the small community of Omarama, I introduced him to PCs, he introduced me to Genealogy. Both of us moved, he to Blenheim, myself to Mosgiel.

Peter has recently bought a new PC, sent it to me to get programs installed and repair a small fault inside the PC etc.. but the economics and logistics of him sending down his PC to Mosgiel are not the best, when (in his current fault - Cant or wont download his email - worked fine before it was returned).

So, Im looking, hoping, for someone who can assist this elderly gent (Dutchman) in Blenheim to sort this rather trivial matter. Hes lost without his PC and as I cant see what hes trying to describe (in broken English) over the phone, it a lost cause attempting to fix the fault.

So, any takers out there?

Thanks in anticipation

John in Mosgiel.

Toshi
17-07-2005, 12:10 AM
Tell Peter to ask his daughter in law (who lives next door) to get her work partner to look at the PC

pctek
17-07-2005, 10:28 AM
Help please.
(in his current fault - Cant or wont download his email - worked fine before it was returned).

Mail worked, you send it back and it now doesn't?
Probably the modem has come a bit loose.