PDA

View Full Version : crappy microsoft periferals

DaveBritton
15-07-2005, 10:22 AM
I have a Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop v2.1 - OEM. Seeing as this is an OEM it didnt come with any cd's or fd's.
i have not had any problems with the hardware itself but i want to know how to assign the media keys at the top of the board to work with winamp as well as windose media player.
if i can only have one program assigned then that is no problem but i would like both.

Thanks, Dave

Overdrive_5000
15-07-2005, 10:26 AM
Hi Dave you can try your luck here (http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/download.mspx)

HTH :D

DaveBritton
15-07-2005, 10:33 AM
thanks, i will post back when im done.

DaveBritton
15-07-2005, 10:43 AM
sorry, yes, fixed the prob

BIFF
15-07-2005, 02:52 PM
I have a Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop v2.1 - OEM. Seeing as this is an OEM it didnt come with any cd's or fd's.
i have not had any problems with the hardware itself but i want to know how to assign the media keys at the top of the board to work with winamp as well as windose media player.
if i can only have one program assigned then that is no problem but i would like both.

Thanks, Dave

So what's actually crappy about your MS peripherals?

Graham L
16-07-2005, 02:44 PM
Presumably, a full retail version would have included the software. If you buy the cheapest version, intended for "OEM"s, you get the cheapest version without "extras" like software, manuals, mounting screws, or cables. ;)

Microsoft aren't alone in this.