PDA

View Full Version : Windows Picture & Fax Viewer

Oldie
14-07-2005, 04:41 PM
Page 82 of July issue tells how to put a shortcut for this. All goes well until I after I get to finish typing in the rundll etc. in the shortcut wizard, clicking on next it tells me it cannot find what I just typed. I cannot find Windows Picture and Fax Viewer anywhere on the computer. I am using a Compaq Pressario R3211AP Laptop with Windows Xp Home. It came with software pre-installed But I have discs. Tried finding Viewer on discs no help. Does someone have a solution? Is there a typing error in what we are told to type in? I note that there is a comma between (dll,ImageView) where I expected a full stop.
Thanks for any help.

godfather
14-07-2005, 06:00 PM
Just tried it here, it works fine.

You need a space after run32dll.exe at the beginning, its not showing because of the line wrapping in the column. Otherwise the computer cannot understand that the "run32dll.exe" command is complete.

Oldie
14-07-2005, 06:57 PM
Many thanks Godfather that worked. :) Got to change the icon too. Went to click on the icon and launch Picture & Fax viewer from quick launch bar. It did not launch! instead a message came up about attempting to launch an Application extension (.dll) and wanted to know what it should open with. At 70 I am getting too old for this! :confused:

Oldie
17-07-2005, 12:49 AM
Any further thoughts Godfather, I still can't launch the programme :help:

Oldie
17-07-2005, 03:45 PM
Have solution to my problem on being unable to open Picture and Fax viewer after I changed the Icon. I got the message I was attempting to launch an Application Extension (.dll) and wanted to know what it should open with? I clicked on open with as I had done before but then did not know what too choose. On close investigation this time when I did it again I found a Picture and Fax viewer Icon and chose it. I then clicked on the icon I had chosen before and the viewer opened and said "No preview available, I dragged an image file into it and all is well. Hope this helps someone else, andthanks for help received.