PDA

View Full Version : Out of control!

peejay
13-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Using XP2, when I click START/ ALL PROGRAMS, the screen fills with all the programs on my drive.
How can I get this page to display directories containg groups of programs rather than what I get at the moment?
Thanks.

Metla
13-07-2005, 03:36 PM
right click the start button,select explore, this will display the folder tree down the left and your programs folder in teh main screen, go into the programs folder and make the catagories you wish to have (right click a blank soace,new folder,name as desired...apps,games,securiter for examplle) then drag the desired program icons into the applicable folder.

Exit out of that screen,select start,all programs, then carry on dragging the program icons into the applicable folders....For some reason they don't all always show up in explorer, presumably to do with user permisions or some such rot....

peejay
13-07-2005, 06:59 PM
Hi,
Thanks for the info.
I did as you said and created the direcories but when I went back the the programmes directory to drag the apps folders into the named directories I had created, it wouldnt let me drag and drop then, it just moves the listings up or down.
Any clues what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks.

johnboy
13-07-2005, 09:15 PM
Another way to do this is go to
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs.
and drag and drop into your new folders there,
hth

peejay
14-07-2005, 08:32 AM
I tried that but not all the folders show up! How confusing.
Thanks.