PDA

View Full Version : Specifying an area to save..

FiveOneFive
13-07-2005, 02:15 PM
We have a Windows 98 Machine down at work which I am becoming increasingly annoyed at.

We use MYOB and by Default it saves the Documents to the MYOB Install folder. So each time you bring up the Save window it directs the file to C:/MYOB.

Want we are wanting to do is save the files elsewhere meaning that everytime we go to save we have to click through the various folders, which is kind of time consuming.

Is there anyway to make another folder the default save directory? Is it done via Windows or in MYOB?

I was under the assumption that if you kept saving it to a specific location it would do it automatically.

If this has been posted before re-direct me to the appropriate URL.

Thanks in advance.

CYaBro
13-07-2005, 02:22 PM
When you say 'documents' do you mean in Word or some other word processing software because you don't save documents in MYOB do you? It's just an accounting program with one file for each company.

FiveOneFive
13-07-2005, 02:25 PM
No, it only saves the MYOB documents to the MYOB install folder, word documents go into My Documents etc..

We want the MYOB files to save to My Documents also, but each time you have to specify the My Documents folder.

It may seem pedantic but when you are dealing with a large number of files and saving constantly it's a pain in the a$$.

pctek
13-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Most software has an options setting on the menu somewhere, where you can specify the default location to save your files.

If you can't find it a quick call to MYOB NZ will help - they do provide a helpdesk service for their product.