PDA

View Full Version : google error you may have a virus

Morgenmuffel
11-07-2005, 08:19 PM
Just got the following error trying to access Google, 3 times in a row, now it works again fine, I regularly run my AV software (auto updates etc), adaware etc, is this just a glitch or is it actually something I should be worried about

Cheers

Google
Error

We're sorry...

... but we can't process your request right now. A computer virus or spyware application is sending us automated requests, and it appears that your computer or network has been infected.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make sure that your computer is free of viruses and other spurious software.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google.

Speedy Gonzales
11-07-2005, 08:25 PM
Well I would get hijackthis, scan and paste a log here.

http://www.hijackthis.de/index.php

See what it says.

Edward
11-07-2005, 09:05 PM
What are you searching for?

Some queries (Such as "Powered by phpBB 2.0.6") set off that, because worms (Sanity A in phpBB's case) search for velnurable websites using that string in Google

Jen
11-07-2005, 09:12 PM
You are not running any automated software to check your website rankings on google are you?

Morgenmuffel
11-07-2005, 10:27 PM
What are you searching for?

Some queries (Such as "Powered by phpBB 2.0.6") set off that, because worms (Sanity A in phpBB's case) search for velnurable websites using that string in Google

thats exactly what Iwas searching for

Thanks