PDA

View Full Version : Xandros questions

Edward
10-07-2005, 10:02 PM
Hi. I've decided to see how linux has been faring since I last tried Lycoris, and have installed Xandros 3.02 OC edition as a Dual Boot arrangement with Windows XP. But already the "foolproof" distro has been broken :help:

1. The main thing is Firefox won't run. I've got 1.0.4 Linux edition installed, and it worked fine, but now that I've installed Tabbrowser Preferences it won't start up. In teh Windows version, it has a nice little safe mode link. If I could get this and uninstall the extension that would be great. Or if I could uninstall the extension by hand that would be great also. So now I'm stuck using the equivilent of explorer to browse teh intarweb. Fun.

2. More trivial, but I can't play my music. I have a .m3u playlist made by winamp that I use. But for some reason realplayer won't open it. Fine, I'll install Xine then. But of course, being Linux it's not all easy .exe installing. So, if someone could point me towards "The e-z installing under loonix 4 n00bs" guide it'd be appreciated

Thanks, Edward :)

Chilling_Silence
11-07-2005, 12:04 AM
Press: Alt + F2
then type:
rm -rf ~/.mozilla

Have you labelled the playlist with .m3u extension? Have a look around here for adding repositries to your /etc/apt/sources.list then type (as root):
apt-get update
apt-get install xine

Edward
11-07-2005, 12:32 PM
Well finally got it working :D

For firefox I just deleted the profile and on the next startup it prompted me to create a new one. Unco, but it worked (;))

As for xine I didn't bother with it. Instead apparently the old playlist had permission issues. So I just created a new one in XMMS and use that. Works great

And <3 how the Xandros Networks update manager allows easy and graphics representation of what packages are installed, can be installed, can be bought and can be updates. I like this Linux stuff