PDA

View Full Version : Partition Magic

Kiwi-Wombat
10-07-2005, 01:27 PM
have used PM for years and when I switched to XP & NTFS I upgraded to PM8. Up until recently it has still worked fine

Now I am having problems.

I have an 80GB SATA drive partitioned into 2 equal partitions. Partition 1 is C: drive and partition 2 is an copy which I use for testing new software. I use PQBoot to switch between them, which hides one partition and makes the other active.

Now when I switch to the test drive I get an error message during the boot procedure which says "Autochk program not found, skipping autocheck". It then reboots. I have to use the PM recovery disk to reset C: drive as active.

I then deleted the test drive and tried to copy C: drive to the unallocated space. It gets nearly to the end and then aborts with the message " Error 19 - at the end of something".

Does anyone have any suggestions?

beama
10-07-2005, 11:55 PM
error 19, if I remember correctly, is somthing to do with cross linked clusters or put simply the file system has errors, try doing a scandsk that may correct the problem. Syquest used to have such a good FAQ before they were brought out.

Kiwi-Wombat
14-07-2005, 12:21 AM
Problem seems to have gone, not sure exactly why.

The error 19 - at the end of something disappeared when I copied to a partition slightly larger than the original source and let PM take care of the finished size.

The autochk appears to be related to the boot.ini file because when I altered the boot.ini to allow XP to have multiple bootup options the problem went

Thanks anyway