PDA

View Full Version : Nokia IR software

tedheath
09-07-2005, 10:01 PM
I have a Nokia 6210 fone using DSE IR on serial port. The enclosed software is called Logo Rama and its dumb and dosent work properly.
There isnt even a help section. I have sent questions to makers in Nationalist China ehoya.com.tw mega times but they they never reply.
I tried using the Nokia software but it dosent work with DSE IR device.
Does anyone here know what other IR phone to computer editing software is around or has anyone here had any experience with LOGO rAMA.
Does anyone know where they have a competion for dumb software that dosent work properly? I want to enter LOGO RAMA it will clean up.
Cheers
tedheath

chiefnz
09-07-2005, 10:17 PM
I have a Nokia 3200 and my phone before that was a Nokia 6610, with the 6610 I got a CD with Nokia PC Suite on it, I to have a DSE IR adapter (USB connection).

I have used and still use Nokia PC Suite and I have had no problems at all.

Try to download Nokia PC Suite here (http://www.nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,60942,00.html)

Hope that helps

cheers

chiefnz

tedheath
10-07-2005, 12:53 AM
I had tried Nokia suite and it didnt work I have tried it again and it still dosent work. It comes up phone not connected
The phone is Infr redding allright and is being picked up on the pc, when I right click ir icon it says communicating with a 6210 it did comunicate on logorama but all it did was download the phone book.

Ninjabear
10-07-2005, 01:58 AM
I had tried Nokia suite and it didnt work I have tried it again and it still dosent work. It comes up phone not connected
The phone is Infr redding allright and is being picked up on the pc, when I right click ir icon it says communicating with a 6210 it did comunicate on logorama but all it did was download the phone book.

I had this problem before.I went to buy a different infrared device and everything was fixed.

tedheath
11-07-2005, 12:20 AM
I have installed the dse ir and nokia suite on my laptop and gloom and despair it doesnt work either.
In XP there are 25 steps to install ir unit. and then it dosent work
Who said computers are easy.
I am going to sell ir serial unit on TM and buy an usb unit and try again.
If that dosent work i will buy a bloo tooth fone although I dont expect it will work witthout several days of hassle.
One day someone will invent a computer and hardware that reconizes each other and instals itself.

thanks for help Ninja and Cheif

tedheath
:badpc: