PDA

View Full Version : website creator for firefox

imarubberducky
09-07-2005, 12:58 AM
been making a site in microsoft frontpage, unfortuntly the site only displays correctly in IE. In firefox the tables are all muddled up. Are there any simple to use (ie not notepad) website creators specific to firefox, or firefox friendly with both HTML and WYSIWYG options?

cheers

Rob99
09-07-2005, 02:22 AM
How about a link to the site, we can then tell you where the code is wrong.

Greg
09-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Composer in either Netscape or Mozilla

Zippity
09-07-2005, 11:36 AM
If you are using FP, why not create your tables in Excel?

tweak'e
09-07-2005, 11:39 AM
been making a site in microsoft frontpage,
thats half the problem to start with ;)

Are there any simple to use (ie not notepad) website creators specific to firefox
please don't ask for browser specific website creators <cring> thats MS's attitude.

they are heaps of WYSIWYG web page makers out there however i have never seen one thats does everything correctly. have a search through this site plenty info on that has already been posted.

most importantly.........GO LEARN HTML !

you will find you don't need WYSIWYG editors and you can do the site in notepad.

Myth
09-07-2005, 11:40 AM
Dreamweaver

Lets you open the page in the browser of your choice.
Unfortunately not too easy to learn.
I'm sure if you ask Metla really nice, his sister might teach you the basics to Dreamweaver :)

mejobloggs
09-07-2005, 12:36 PM
The new version of Mozilla Composer is NVU. Check it out here http://www.nvu.com/

Rob99
09-07-2005, 02:46 PM
Although I dont like front page, there should be no problem with the pages it creates.
There are plenty of programs out to use many listed above, but if you are doing something wrong in the first place it wont matter what program you use to create your webpages.

Greg
09-07-2005, 02:50 PM
The new version of Mozilla Composer is NVU. Check it out here http://www.nvu.com/
Nvu looks good.

imarubberducky
09-07-2005, 06:57 PM
thanks for all the replys. Nvu was great. Showed me exactly why the tables werent working, and im now using layers instead of tables.

Cheers