PDA

View Full Version : Dynalink RTA220 ADSL Router query

bob_doe_nz
07-07-2005, 09:43 PM
Dynalink RTA220 ADSL Router
Anyone know if its any good? Any problems with it? Was setup a breeze? etc

Terry Porritt
07-07-2005, 10:23 PM
I've got one, had it about 3 years now. A quick setup guide came with it, and it set up without any problems.

I don't use the built in hardware firewall, as I couldn't get streaming audio and live 365 through it.

Shortcircuit
07-07-2005, 10:30 PM
I've had one for a couple of years as well. First time was a s**t to set up in XP... phoned support and got very grumpy guy who just said "Download the right drivers". Apparently the ones on the disc don't work with XP? (They may have updated the drivers on disc since then) Worked a treat from there on in.

You might have problems configuring it for firewall etc if you're not used to adsl routers, but the basic settings are good to go.

Dragonslayer
08-07-2005, 09:03 AM

I use one at home, couldn't be easier to set up. Just go to:
http://192.168.1.1 in the web browser, put in your username and password, click connect. Done.

Once you aree online, then save your settings, so if you turn the router off, you don't need to re enter your login name etc again.

Big John
08-07-2005, 03:57 PM

I have one but dont use it now to having another. It was a breeze to setup as long you read the instructions. Had to take it back due to a recall but they turned it around in a day and even gave me an upgrade to the next model up for cost value.

Always had good feedback from their techs when I was asking questions about the firewall and opening ports, etc.

Good company and brand. Maybe getting a bit long in the tooth as far as age goes.

bk T
08-07-2005, 09:53 PM
Very good ADSL router. Very easy to setup. Have used it for several computers and it is so far so good. No problems at all.

Highly recommended.

Cheers

bob_doe_nz
09-07-2005, 07:07 PM
Thanks for that guys.

I ended up with a RTA210 router @ $40.

Setting up was generally easy with an hour troubleshooting only to discover that my DNS server settings were non-existant.
Now to get a Student Card so I can pay $40 for 10GB @ 256K :stare: :cool: :thumbs: