PDA

View Full Version : DVD Writter problem

ProMaz
07-07-2005, 07:54 PM
I have got a DSE DVD Dual Layer writter, can do + and - r/rw and DVD+R DL (well is ment to be able to). I tried to put a DVD-R in and it doesn't work, same with a DVD+R and a DVD+R DL. I can play normal DVD's (movies) on it and DVD-ROM games and also DVD's that I have burnt on another computer, so it can read already burnt DVD's. When I put any blank DVD or even a CD-R for that matter, I try to click on the drive and it says its not accessable. I'm using Windows XP Pro, and a I know if I put a blank in there, windows should stay "Blank CD/DVD" want do you want to do and shows a list but that screen doesn't come up. Any ideas as to what is going on?????

Cher

Chilling_Silence
07-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Have you got the latest Firmware Revision? Tried multiple brands of cheap/expensive Blank DVD's? (+ & -)

ProMaz
09-07-2005, 01:43 PM
I have tried updating the fireware. I have also loaned a Imation external USB 2 DVD DL writter and am having the same problem with that. Has to be somthing in Windows .... any ideas?

Graham L
09-07-2005, 03:05 PM
Have you got Nero and especially InCD installed?

SP8s
09-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Found this site really useful for all questions relating to DVD problems ........ $^!+$ of things that they can be !!

http://www.dvdhelp.us/php/forums/index.php

You don't say what programme you are using, but I think most have a switch between read / write modes. Try looking in all the menus of the programme.

Speedy Gonzales
09-07-2005, 05:14 PM
You're not using XP's built in burning are u?? Is not the best thing to use.

Use something like Nero or the program that came with the burner.

If it came with one.

ProMaz
09-07-2005, 08:19 PM
Havn't tried burning yet, i would like windows to see the disc first.

stevensaaron
09-07-2005, 09:29 PM
one thing at a time.
Have you loaded the software that came with the DVD Drive (e.g. Nero)

If not install Nero (or whtever) software that came with the drive) and then
try accessing the disc through the software that you installed

let me know what happens

ProMaz
10-07-2005, 02:46 PM
I have worked it out. Must have been a hardware conflict some where, even though Windows wasn't show it. I unpluged my old CDRW drive and the internal DVDRW drive and just had the external going and windows did everything is ment to, told me a blank CD (well DVD) had been put into the drive and all that jaz :) So Now I am wondering, How can I have 3 drives (A internal CDRW and a DVDRW/CDRW drive and a external DVD driver all working without the conflict?

Speedy Gonzales
10-07-2005, 03:00 PM
For the internal cd and dvd burner, remember to jumper one to Master and one to Slave.

And then go into the BIOS and put Secondary ide Master / Slave on AUTO.

Don't put either on the same ide connection as a hard drive.

I take it the external burner is USB 2 / firewire? And u have USB 2 onboard, or u have a USB 2 PCI card??

ProMaz
10-07-2005, 03:40 PM
I know all about jumpers and the BIOS and all that jaz. And yes, I have onboard USB and the drive is a usb 2 drive

Speedy Gonzales
10-07-2005, 03:43 PM
OK. And is SP1 or SP2 installed? For USB 2??

If Nero is installed and if the USB 2 ports are working, see if Nero detects the external burner.

ProMaz
10-07-2005, 04:21 PM
Dude, your not much help are you. I told you, I have got the external drive working. It was a hardware conflict with the other two internal drivers. What I want to know is, how do I stop the conflict, I would like to have all three driver read and write (two writting DVDS) and the other just CDRW's and yes, I have got SP2

Speedy Gonzales
10-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Dude, well tell us what it says in control panel, (what the error is/says), under the entries for internal burners, why u think the other 2 are conflicting.

And we might find out why theyre not working.

And try using something else besides XP's built in burning. It might work.

ProMaz
12-07-2005, 08:30 AM
I am using Nero and there is no error in windows, once again I said that before, there is nothing in Windows to show me that somthing is wrong.

Speedy Gonzales
12-07-2005, 10:37 AM
Ok. And what version of Nero is installed?

If its an OEM version of Nero, it'll only work with the burner it came with (If it came with the burner).

It wont work with the other 2 burners (it wont detect them).

Thats the only thing it can be, if Windows shows no errors, and if u cant select all 3 burners from within Nero.

And if you're trying to use XP's built in cd burning, it doesn't support burning to DVD burners.