PDA

View Full Version : Sending photos as attachments

Gillie
06-07-2005, 06:03 PM
The family send me photos as attachments to emails. That's OK but they also come as an enormous size in the body of the message. How do you send them as attachments only?

Gillie

Jen
06-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Is this Outlook Express? To attach photos (or anything else), open up your new email and then go Insert > File and then just browse to where you have your image saved. You should really resize your images first to reduce the file size and also make sure you are sending jpg (jpeg) and not the bmp format. :)

FoxyMX
06-07-2005, 06:15 PM
As well as what Jen said I think the secret might be to ensure the emails are sent as Plain Text rather than HTML. To do this go to Tools>Options>Send and select Plain Text in the Mail Sending Format option.

Edit: I just tried this and I still got the picture in the message body. Might have to go a-Googling...

Edit2: Wait... Change your settings to read your emails in plain text only. That gets rid of the picture in the message body. It also gets rid of all the other fancy stuff as well, though, which you may not like...

Terry Porritt
06-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Also get them to reset their email program to send in plain text format only ;)

If they really must send enormous photo files, then suggest they use this site:
http://www.yousendit.com/
and then you can download the files at leisure, rather than waiting an age for the email downloads.

bartsdadhomer
06-07-2005, 06:55 PM
Use Picasa, resizes the photos to a suitable size for email
Image size can be adjusted to any size you want under Email options
http://picasa.google.com/index.html

Cymbalz
06-07-2005, 07:38 PM
I've found the easiest way is to select all the pics you want to send in the explore window. Then right click one of them. This brings up a small menu window. Select "Send to" and then "Mail Recipient." This opens a small window and you should confirm that you wish to, "Make all pictures smaller." Your email window will then open with your pics attached. Just type in your message and send. The largest file is reduced enormously but the original is unaffected.