PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta1

symiggy
29-06-2005, 12:11 PM
I am having a problem with Microsoft AntiSpyware since I re installed the updated version as recommended by C/Net download dispatch.
I now have version 1.0.614 which is presumably the latest. And I am running Widows XP SP 2
Prior to this update I had Microsoft AntiSpyware running on my computer with no problems. I had the scheduler set to run a scan at 6.00 P.M. every night and this happened without fault and on time.
I now notice that when I set the scheduler to run at any time after Noon, on pressing the 'Update Schedule' button, the time defaults back to the hour that I have just set but in the A.M. in other words I can only set a time for the program to scan in the A.M. hours.
I would appreciate any suggestions as well as the experiences of others.
I have tried to find an answer to this question on the appropriate forum at MS with no results.
Thanks

Miami Steve
29-06-2005, 12:43 PM
Same problem on Win2K (SP4) :mad:

KiwiTT_NZ
29-06-2005, 12:58 PM
I am thinking about removing this software, if M$ considers Hotbar as a partner, who else with they consider as partners.

symiggy
29-06-2005, 12:59 PM
Same problem on Win2K (SP4) :mad:
Miami Steve

Thanks for the feedback. Nice to know it's not just something strange in my computer.

Miami Steve
29-06-2005, 01:08 PM
There is a newsgroup here (http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us) that has discussions about this and other scheduler bugs. Select General from the left hand menu, then look for the post at 11:38am on June 28. You may need to click the "Expand ALL" at the top of the screen to see the replies.

johnboy
29-06-2005, 01:10 PM
Try this to see if it helps.

"Go to Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Scheduled Tasks/Microsoft Antispyware
Under the Task tab make sure that "run only if logged on" is unchecked.

You can also go to Control Panel/Power Options to change settings for staying logged on."
copied from here.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Scan_Run_Time-t14744.html

bartsdadhomer
29-06-2005, 01:13 PM
Do you have "Taskscheduler" disabled in Services?
Some programs eg Nortons need taskscheduler running to function properly
Just a thought

drcspy
29-06-2005, 01:27 PM
system restore back to before your problem will reinstate the 'old' version for you

symiggy
29-06-2005, 01:32 PM
Do you have "Taskscheduler" disabled in Services?
Some programs eg Nortons need taskscheduler running to function properly
Just a thought

Sorry to be so dumb but how do I access 'Taskscheduler' in services?

Miami Steve
29-06-2005, 01:40 PM
system restore back to before your problem will reinstate the 'old' version for you
Why would System Restore reinstate an old version of an application?

Anyway, solution (tried and tested) is to change your locale/location to English (US), go into MS AntiSpyware, set your scan time, (it will stay now), then change your locale/location back to English(New Zealand). Thanks to the MS Newsgroup for that solution. :thumbs:

symiggy
29-06-2005, 01:54 PM
Why would System Restore reinstate an old version of an application?

Anyway, solution (tried and tested) is to change your locale/location to English (US), go into MS AntiSpyware, set your scan time, (it will stay now), then change your locale/location back to English(New Zealand). Thanks to the MS Newsgroup for that solution. :thumbs:

Again sorry to be so dense but how do I change my locale/location to English(US)

Miami Steve
29-06-2005, 02:06 PM
Again sorry to be so dense but how do I change my locale/location to English(US)
From the XP Start Menu, select Settings --> Control Panel --> Regional Options

symiggy
29-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Miami Steve:

Worked like a charm!!
Thanks very much for your help and expertise.