PDA

View Full Version : Monitor Resolution does not show whole Desktop

karljo
28-06-2005, 06:14 PM
I have been upgrading the software on a friend's laptop (to Win 2000 SP4 and MS Office 2003). The laptop is a NEC Versa with a mobile ATI Radeon video "card." Unfortunately my eyesight is not as good as his and so I reset the resolution down from 1600x1280 down to 1280x1024. Problem being that I then had to scroll the screen to see the whole desktop. This problem now continues when I reset the resolution back to what it started out as.

Have looked at the settings and checked for 2 monitors but there is only one. Did note however that the primary monitor setting was duplicated under "Settings, Advanced Settings" and that the description said something about "multiple monitors on mobile Radeon" on the "Display Properties, Settings" Tab.

Any help or ideas greatly appreciated. Apologies if this has been covered before but could not find it when I did a search of F1.

John

godfather
28-06-2005, 07:00 PM
The "problem" simply indicates that the resolution is still too high for the screen.
Come down to 1024 x 768 and it should be fine.

Most laptops have "multiple monitors" as they are capable of using an external monitor instead of or as well as the laptop monitor (dual graphics output)

karljo
28-06-2005, 08:20 PM
Thanks,

I will try that and let you know what happens.

Regards