PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard problems (Quotes)

Shino1990
27-06-2005, 05:15 AM
Hello everybody,

I'm having some trouble with my keyboard, well, quotes to be exact. When I push the quote button once, it puts a quote on the screen. Normally, I have to push the key twice for a quote to come up, so I can combine them with other keys too.

So, normally " + a would output .
For me, it outputs "a.

My keyboard language settings are set on English, US.

I have no clue what to do, this problem showed up like a month ago. Can anybody help me?

mark c
27-06-2005, 09:31 AM
First trick is to try another keyboard, see if you can isolate the problem. May be a sticking key because of a gob of who-knows-what in there. But that seems odd to me that it displays. Anyway ry another one then if it is your original keyboad only you can carefully wriggle / prise the key off and clean underneath. Others have had more experiene of this. Maybe look in the search here for "sticking key" or similar.HTH..........m

Oh, and welcome to pressf1, best forum on the web I've ever come across :D

Shino1990
27-06-2005, 09:57 AM
Ok, I'm getting me another keyboard, hold on. :P

Test:
"a

Dang, it's not the keyboard... :(

Greg
27-06-2005, 10:06 AM
Seems to me it should show as "a. Is there a third key in the combination that you've forgotten about?

Jen
27-06-2005, 10:30 AM
If your keyboard normally does the international symbols and accents etc, then I'm guessing that your keyboard should not be set to "English, US". Try "US International" for the language setting and see if that helps.

Shino1990
27-06-2005, 10:31 AM
Nope, I'm positive that I had to press " twice in order to get a ". When I used to press " once it would not do anything, I had to combine it with another key.

For example:
<"> + <space> got me <">,
<"> + <a> got me <>.

This suddenly changed.

Now <"> + <space> gives me <" >,
and <"> + <a> gives me <"a>.

It's kinda hard to explain... :waughh:

[Edit]

To Jen: Okay, I'll try that.

[Edit 2]

It worked! Thanks a lot Jen! :D