PDA

View Full Version : wireless client works..IE or Outlook doesn't

mcjelly
22-06-2005, 08:54 PM
One of my client PC's on our wireless home LAN (XP home netgear) says 'connected to netgear (Router is netgear as well) signal very good etc with the jolly green screen flashing away like everything's fine... but IE is not connecting. I have carefully gone thru all settings comparing them to another client which works fine, I have tried ipconfig /release and /renew I have tried adding preferred IP address still no handshake between wireless connection and IE. I have removed 1394 connections, enabled, disabled bridged every possible option with these only to conclude they have nothing to do with it. Can anyone tell me what the critical area is that causes IE to see the LAN which is obviously there!!? All settings are identical to the working client.
Thank you. (I installed SP2 which hasn't bothered the host or other client this seemed to start the problem, I have rolled back to pre sp2 but it made no difference0

jesseycy
22-06-2005, 09:00 PM
First of all, just drawing from my personal experience... In "Network connections", issit able to see other computers?

If it can, then the wireless network is probably ok. If not, there's something wrong with the authentication part, maybe it's protected and you entered the wrong password. It's still say "connected", just that the signal is encrypted and so you can't get anything "useful"...

And so, if it is properly connected, maybe it's the gateway? The TCP/Ip will have to point to the adsl modem, the gateway ip....