PDA

View Full Version : Picture Quality

JJJJJ
18-06-2005, 07:28 AM
http://sal.neoburn.net/imagef1/files/Roto.jpg

http://sal.neoburn.net/imagef1/files/Ork.jpg

These two links are a fair example of what I am complaining about. They are both taken 800 feet above ground at 11 am. in Summer.
I find the distortion completely unacceptable.
They are taken as screen shots in MS Flight Sim 2004.
I had just fully uninstalled MS Flight and then re-installed. My program settings were as advised by other users of the game.
The Rotorua one was taken without any addons. Straight after the install.
The Auckland one was taken with the addon "Auckland 2005" installed.

Other pictures I download from the net of users screen shots are perfect. It is only the graphics in this game.
This proves there is no fault with my computer. The fault must be with MS Flight , or at least the way it is set up.
Can someone HELP PLEASE.

Mike
18-06-2005, 07:39 AM
Most games allow you to set in-game graphics settings, like detail, resolution, textures, depths, and a lot of other things. Perhaps your settings are dialled down slightly. If there is an in-game graphics or display menu somewhere, try setting all the settings higher and see if you notice any difference.

However these settings can be quite dependant on the power of your machine - if your machine can't handle it you could end up with jerky movement when you are trying to play. Can come down to both CPU and GPU.

I don't have Flight Sim, so I can't comment as to whether what I suggested above is actually in there. :)

Mike.

Mike
18-06-2005, 07:41 AM
Other pictures I download from the net of users screen shots are perfect. It is only the graphics in this game.
This proves there is no fault with my computer. The fault must be with MS Flight , or at least the way it is set up.I don't quite understand this statement - how does your downloading images off the net prove there is no fault with your computer? I do agree that it's probably a problem with the way Flight Sim is set up, I just don't get how you can prove that from downloading images from the net :confused:

Mike.

JJJJJ
18-06-2005, 07:57 AM
Well if I download someone else's screen shot It is perfect. My screen shots are not.
My comp. is an Athlon 64 3200+ with a Raedon 9800 pro graphics card and 1024 megs of ram. So that should have all the power I need. I am at present showing a score of 6205 in 3dmark 03.
Believe me I have tried every conceivable combination of settings in the game. The funny thing is changing settings doesn't make much difference.
That is the game settings.