PDA

View Full Version : Cannot send email

Lovelee
17-06-2005, 01:04 PM
Im getting an error message and my mails not sending .. I can recieve OK
This is the message:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'XTRA', Server: 'localhost', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Now Ive googled, and the first up was a link here, I checked it, it referred to virus checker being a problem .. Ive updated it .. no luck.

I did swap from AVG to AVAST just to compare the two .. not sure when I did that but I dont use the PC for sending much and when I check when I last sent something it was early May.

What say ye ?

pctek
17-06-2005, 01:08 PM
It means the virus checker (which is set to scan your emails) has chnaged the pop3 setting. Open OE, Select from Tools, Accounts. Choose your mail account, properties. Then click the servers tab. See what your Outgoing server says - -
smtp.xtra.co.nz
or
smtp.paradise.net.nz
or whatever

Make sure the incomings server says similar:
pop3.xtra.co.nz
or pop3.paradise.net.nz
or whatever.

You can ring your ISPs helpdesk if you need them to help you step through fixing the settings.

Lovelee
17-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Thank you
I have a laptop and PC running the same OS (XPpro)
We checked them off against theother this morning and they were both the same .. as outgoing server instead of smpt.xtra.co.nz they both ahd local host and yet the pc didnt send .. now whys that ??

Speedy Gonzales
17-06-2005, 01:48 PM
Outgoing mail should be smtp.xtra.co.nz not smpt.xtra.ihug.co.nz