PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Express and IE6

Pete6
16-06-2005, 11:07 AM
Morning, folks
Just breaking in a new computer - why is it that new computers aren't really any better!!

2 questions (so far)
1. When I collect mail in outlook express and double click on it to open, it opens in a silly little box. Any way to automatically make it open to a full page?

2. I use IE6 as a browser, connected by phone line. I have my old computer next desk to me, and when I connect with thta, it seems to be OK even if slow. With the new one, it seems to be even slower, and often blips over pages, coming up with the page unavailabe screen, yet f I backtrack, there is the page. ISP were really helpful, but didn't really change the end result - even if it happens less now. I was asked to change a bunch of settings, but because this is all a bit foreign, I don't really know what I was doing, so can't tell you here.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

Rob99
16-06-2005, 11:18 AM
Resize the window to full size then hold Alt while closing it, next time they should open full size.

Second problem could be a bunch of things, what sites are you having probs with?
Could be SP2 security settings/popup blocker......

Pete6
16-06-2005, 11:45 AM
Thanks so far

But ...!

The suggestion for resizing the window I tried and it doesn't seem to work. I open Outlook express, double clicked on the message, clicked the button to make it full size, the held alt as I hit the red x. Right so far? Then when I did it next time, the (old) same happened. What am I doing wrong?

As for the second, I know too little to be able to say what is happening. Every site! but not necesarily every time.
Thanks for your suggestions.

Safari
16-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Don't resize to full screen.
Drag the corner of the page to the size you want.
Close by File/Exit
Next time it should open to the size you want.

pctek
16-06-2005, 03:29 PM
Even better try some of the other browser/email programs. Mozilla, or Firefox and Thunderbird.
Much nicer. Smaller, fitter, tidier.

Pete6
16-06-2005, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the help - an the suggestions.
Cheers