PDA

View Full Version : Wi-Fi Safety Issues

dolby digital
13-06-2005, 08:42 PM
Greetings,

I have started installing small Wi-Fi networks and being the professional :lol: I am, I need to be up on the safety issues of this technology. I have done the preverbal internet search but get untold hits (as you do). I run my own wi-fi network and it crosses my mind every now and again about the proximity to transmitters albeit low wattage devices.

b1naryb0y
13-06-2005, 08:58 PM
EDIT: Re-read thread and my post was irrelevant :blush:

Murray P
13-06-2005, 09:00 PM
I'd be more worried having a cell ph pressed up to my lughole for an hour or so a day. Sssttill, ttthaat hasssen'''t scraamblededed mm mm mmy b braainnn, s s soo I I i w woullld n n nnn not w ww wor wor worry y tt too too mm mm mm mm mm mmmuuuch.

Billy T
13-06-2005, 10:16 PM
If you are really serious DD, PM me and I'll send you some information on the subject.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

somebody
13-06-2005, 11:10 PM
If you are using a laptop with WiFi, don't use it on your "lap" as such. It is known to reduce men's sperm count. Same with cellphones in pockets near the same bodypart.

whetu
15-06-2005, 09:37 PM
If you are using a laptop with WiFi, don't use it on your "lap" as such. It is known to reduce men's sperm count.

actually that's going to be more directly attributable to the heat generated from the laptop than it will be to the wireless card. Wifi uses very little power (and subsequently radiates less) when compared with cellphone technology, so yes it would have an effect on spermcount, but you'd need to have it stuck to your giblets with liquid nails for a long long time for any difference to be noticeable

and somehow I dont think the ladies find the introduction of a laptop between your thighs all that appealing, so the spermcount loss wouldnt really mean anything

and hey, there's plenty of other crap in this world causing spermcount loss, personally I dont care - I get to save megabucks on contraception, and if I really want a kid to raise into a hellspawn spitting image of me, there's plenty of unwanted kids out there waiting for adoption

Back on topic, ask your questions at wirelessforums.org or zephyr.net.nz, it's a bit more relevant there. Especially zephyr.net.nz, which is based in lower hutt