PDA

View Full Version : A pc accesories special $$- Keyboard, mouse, and speakers....

beetle
13-06-2005, 04:57 PM
LOL

Now you can buy these peices from the super market? as a special offer the set comes complete.... wow i must have one of these..... :rolleyes:

$29.00 something odd..... No idea on brand names.
Who would buy something like this from the supermarket?

What shops do you buy PC stuff from? HN, DSE.......

Friend asks whered ya get ya comp from?
"Oh i bought my comp from the supermarket!"
hmmmm fast food, fast comps?

food for thought....:p

would any normal nearly geek person buy these from the supermarket????

:badpc:

beetle

Metla
13-06-2005, 05:03 PM
Not quite computer gear, But my old boy bought a DVD player from Woolworths, He was still gloating over his steal of a deal 2 weeks later when it died....

Poppa John
13-06-2005, 05:10 PM
Is it true that some sales outlet let you have a free OEM XP Home with any purchase? PJ

beetle
13-06-2005, 05:12 PM
Hey sweetie missed ya................ hows the slippers....:D

you been so busy? not posting as much or with that wicked sense of humour you have...:p

Yes and any way, they have diversed considerably at the supermarket and you can get heaters, and furniture now, so i spose getting comp stuff is no different at all.

quality or quantity?

I suppose it comes down to brand as well, if its dell...:p we all want one dont we...hahahahahaha

innocent really....

:@@: :lol:

beetle

b1naryb0y
13-06-2005, 05:18 PM
Is it true that some sales outlet let you have a free OEM XP Home with any purchase? PJ

Yes, not free, but much cheaper then retail. But it must be a non peripheral item. ie not printers, scanners etc. It must be a device directly attached to the system that is integral to it's operation, ie a mouse :)

Poppa John
13-06-2005, 05:31 PM
Yes, not free, but much cheaper then retail. But it must be a non peripheral item. ie not printers, scanners etc. It must be a device directly attached to the system that is integral to it's operation, ie a mouse :)

Who does it then? Will also try Metla. PJ.

Xika
13-06-2005, 05:31 PM
Countdown was selling scanners a while ago, somewhere around $70-90 as I remember.

b1naryb0y
13-06-2005, 05:38 PM
Who does it then? Will also try Metla. PJ.

Computer Medic (http://www.computermedic.co.nz/subcats.php?cat_id=18&PHPSESSID=54b189d058e590703429adfc4497e72d) in Wanganui do, $199 for Home and $299 for Pro.

There arer cheaper places though, Tastech (http://www.tastech.co.nz/misc.htm) for instance do it for $145 and $230 respectively

pctek
13-06-2005, 05:40 PM
LOL

Now you can buy these peices from the super market? as a special offer the set comes complete.... wow i must have one of these..... :rolleyes:

$29.00 something odd..... No idea on brand names.
Who would buy something like this from the supermarket?

What shops do you buy PC stuff from? HN, DSE.......

Friend asks whered ya get ya comp from?
"Oh i bought my comp from the supermarket!"
hmmmm fast food, fast comps?

food for thought....:p

would any normal nearly geek person buy these from the supermarket????

:badpc:

beetle

No way. I don't even buy hardware from chainstores. (Well I wouldn't even if I didn't get them from myself).
You get what you pay for......
Took my sons rubbish TV back to the Warehouse after it died after 3 months and insisted they refund me. They were insisting on "policy to repair it as its over 1 month old). I won and went off and replaced it with a SOny for him. Cost more but I expect it to last longer than 3 months.
Same with PC stuff.

Metla
13-06-2005, 08:49 PM
Maybe I should update that website (actually I hired someone to do it, but I keep distracting him by teaching him to fix computers and have started him on a crash course in networking).

Anyhow, Can't say I have ever charged anyone the website listed prices for OEM Xp, Tend to put together a package price.

Oh yeah, A mouse doesn't count, its a perpherial same as a printer, the component has to be internal.....Like an IDE cable...... :D

FoxyMX
13-06-2005, 09:36 PM
Last week Countdown supermarket was advertising USB flash drives for $29.95, I think it was. Was tempted to get one to see what it was like but didn't get there in the end. Was probably a heap of junk anyway. :rolleyes:

TonyF
13-06-2005, 09:42 PM
A computer-knowledgeable friend bought one last week from our local Countdown ( which has turned into a mini-Warehouse). Still working fine.

b1naryb0y
13-06-2005, 09:43 PM
A computer-knowledgeable friend bought one last week from our local Countdown ( which has turned into a mini-Warehouse). Still working fine.

What capacity are they?

TonyF
13-06-2005, 09:45 PM
I think they were 128s. But having just looked at Pricespy, all sorts of outfits are selling them at ever lowering prices ....
The only time to buy PC stuff is later on .....

beetle
13-06-2005, 10:30 PM
I recall BB saying he or someone he knew bought a DVD player from the supermarket, best one he ever bought i think he said???

so ? sometimes i spose you get a gem.............

:D

beetle

quarry
13-06-2005, 11:05 PM
how about some computer shops get their own back & start selling bread, cheese, milk, nappies...

gibler
13-06-2005, 11:23 PM
how about some computer shops get their own back & start selling bread, cheese, milk, nappies...

The bread would be stale, the cheese would be off (hard to tell though), the milk would be far from fresh and the nappies could be second-hand :D

Oh well at least they wouldn't have to say "please read the manual", well maybe for the nappies - "I'm sorry sir you wanted to buy DDR nappies, those you got aren't compatiable with baby 1.0"