PDA

View Full Version : IE6 Windows

Richard
13-06-2005, 02:01 PM
For some reason my IE windows have started opening at less than full screen. This has happened only in the last few days, as previously I had no problem. While the top to bottom size is right, it is at both sides that I am being short changed. If I drag the window to full size, it reverts again if closed and reopened.
I am sure that there is a command 'Open in full-screen' somewhere, but I'm darned if I can find it.
BTW other program windows don't seem to be having the problem, with only IE6 being affected.
Any ideas?

Cheers
Richard

sambaird
13-06-2005, 04:59 PM
For open in full screen rightclick on the shortcut then go shortcut-run-maximised

Renmoo
13-06-2005, 06:50 PM
There is a free program that was created by JiiSoft (http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/) , named IE Maximizer that is able to maximizes your IE Window automatically whenever you open one. In addition to providing this interesting feature, it also stealth and protect your IE. However, I am not too sure of its reliability to actually protect your IE....

Cheers :)

FoxyMX
13-06-2005, 10:53 PM
With just one Internet Explorer window open right click the taskbar and choose Tile Horizontally then hold down the Ctrl button and click the IE's close button. The windows should then open filling the screen.

Richard
14-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Excellent suggestion FoxyMX. It worked perfectly.
Thanks for your help.

Cheers
Richard