PDA

View Full Version : *No Signal*

Speed
13-06-2005, 07:08 AM
Hi, I was making sure my memory was in properly because i had a problem with it so i took the memory out 2 512 mb sticks and put them back in how they were. However i started my computer up and i had a blank screen on my monitor saying *No Signal* Why has this suddenly came up isit something to do with my memory not been put back in properly or have i maybe accidently pulled a cable out of the computer??

Thanx for any help

Speed

Jen
13-06-2005, 07:23 AM
Hi Speed, Welcome to PressF1 :)

You might of knocked loose your video card or the cable to your monitor. Check both to make sure they are firmly seated or plugged in.

Xika
13-06-2005, 06:47 PM
I had the same problem changing ram on a 486 but that was probably because either it wasn't fast page mode or it was too much, but if this is a fairly modern mobo it should be able to handle a Gig. How old is your computer and are the sticks made by the same manufacturer?

Speed
14-06-2005, 12:01 PM
Hi Speed, Welcome to PressF1 :)

You might of knocked loose your video card or the cable to your monitor. Check both to make sure they are firmly seated or plugged in.

Ive checked its all in properly and firmly. So what shell i try now?

Speed
14-06-2005, 12:02 PM
I had the same problem changing ram on a 486 but that was probably because either it wasn't fast page mode or it was too much, but if this is a fairly modern mobo it should be able to handle a Gig. How old is your computer and are the sticks made by the same manufacturer?

My computer is about 6 months old at most so its nothing to do with that i dont think!

drcspy
14-06-2005, 12:24 PM
pull one stick at at time and see whta happens......