PDA

View Full Version : Sound Recording

techie
12-06-2005, 06:48 PM
Hi,

My parents have some quite old music tapes which are quite precious. So we have decided that it's necessary to back those up. I've found a cable that will link from my computer to PC so that I can hopefully store them on PC and CD. Using the default Windows Sound Recorder, I can record these quite efficiently. Only downside being that it will only record 60 seconds before it stops, and I have to press record again. There is no way I'm doing this for a days worth of recording! :eek:

So, is there a way of taking that 60s thing out of the Sound Recorder. If not, other 'easy' programs are ok. I have no need to do sound editing and things like that. Just need to get everything in there as it would be on tape.

Other feature I'd really like is if the recorder, whether it's Window's default one or not, can stop recording after say 10s of no input signals. Because I doubt I can be sitting here waiting for the tapes to finish playing then stopping it on my PC.

Any program is ok as long as it's quick and easy to use. Preferably record in MP3 format.

Thanks all :D

Misty
12-06-2005, 09:34 PM
www.polderbits.com/
But after 2 x free fortnights of unlimited use it does cost NZ$50 or so to buy.
Well worth it though.......and it is very easy to use.
Misty :D ;)

techie
12-06-2005, 09:38 PM
www.polderbits.com/
But after 2 x free fortnights of unlimited use it does cost NZ$50 or so to buy.
Well worth it though.......and it is very easy to use.
Misty :D ;)
Hi, thanks very much for the reply. After taking a rather lengthy read through some of the posts that 'Search' found for me, I downloaded and tried on Audacity. Ignore my earlier thinking of being able to have recording automatically stopped. Instead, I just cut out all the empty stuff when I get back. Works like a treat... :D

Robby
13-06-2005, 09:33 AM
gidday,

audiograbber is another freebie that will record tapes, it allows you
to record each song, with a gap between each.

good luck,

Robby