PDA

View Full Version : Nero can't find wnaspi32.dll

gradebdan
12-06-2005, 05:04 PM
When I try to use Nero a message comes up "Need windows original WNASPI32.DLL" I am using Nero ver.6, (with 98se). I went to Nero's site where it said I should d/l from them wnaspi32.dll and copy it to the folder where nero is installed and do the same with neroapix.vxd to windows\system\iosubsys folder. I have done all this and also unistall. Nero and reinstall and did it all again.I still get the same mess. Need win orig wnaspi...! I am wondering if I should go back to Nero 55 which I obtained with my original cd writer and which gave me no problems. Any help would be much appreciated as I am thinking of changing my os and need to save photos and music first.

gibler
12-06-2005, 05:24 PM
does this thread (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/archive/index.php/t-21580.html) help?

gradebdan
12-06-2005, 06:10 PM
Hi Gibler.. I went to that thread and someone was reporting my exact same problem. They solved it by using "Nero tools" which analysed the problem. But when I use Nero tools I get the error mess,"need windows originalwnasp...32.dll"
and the comp. will not progress. So stuck again. What do you think about using a 55 version of Nero?

Speedy Gonzales
12-06-2005, 07:36 PM
Get this http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/driverdetail.jsp?sess=no&language=English+US&filekey=aspi_v471.exe

From here

http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/common/searchresults.html?language=English+US&support=support&queryText=aspi+driver&submit=Search

And install them. Aspi is needed for OS's under 2000/XP. For some programs.

gradebdan
13-06-2005, 06:31 PM
I have now d/l the "aspi-v471.exe". This is on my desktop as a folder called Downloads and it contains about 26 files. I have since found in C:\ADAPTEC\ASPI the same 26 files. One of these files is a verification file and when I clicked on it it said APIX.VXD & WNASPI32.DLL not installed and Error:aspi is not properly installed.The 2 above mentioned files that are not installed. How do I install them and where?I think I am getting somewhere if I can just finish this. Any help would be much appreciated.

Speedy Gonzales
13-06-2005, 07:02 PM
Did u unzip that file off the site, and run/open install.bat?

gradebdan
13-06-2005, 10:25 PM
Not quite sure what you mean. One of the 26 files is titled"install.bat". I opened that file and was taken into a ms.dos page that said "x86 for win98. Press any key to continue". This I did but nothing happened. I have to admit that I am totally lost with anything to do with ms.dos.

Speedy Gonzales
13-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Get the english version here from the Nero site

http://www.nero.com/eng/ASPI_Driver.html

Download and read the readme file

gradebdan
13-06-2005, 11:01 PM
I did all that ; see my first post on this problem.

Speedy Gonzales
13-06-2005, 11:41 PM
Ah I gotcha. You said the original version was 5.5.

Did the burner (u have now), come with 5.5 of Nero??

Was 5.5 an OEM version?? Or is the burner u have now a different burner??

And when u installed v6 of Nero, did u uninstall 5.5 before u installed version 6? And has V6 got a different serial # from 5.5 that was installed?

gradebdan
14-06-2005, 03:50 PM
Original ver.was 5.5 which I was using for a couple of years. 3 months ago my cd writer packed a sad. I bought a new one which came with ver.6 oem. I Uninstal. 5.5 and then instal. ver.6 to go with my new cd writer. The 24 digit serial no.s are quite different I do not know if the ver.5.5 was oem or not as the comp. co. only gave me a copy they made. (They said I should not have a nero disc with my cd writer. I have since learnt this is incorrect!!!)
I have just had a look in "Find" and saw 3 wnaspi32.dll files listed;
1. C:\pROGRAM fILES\ahead....2.C:\program files\ahead\nero.........and 3.C:\wnaspi32.dll. Is my problem the fact that the files are there but have not been installed (or opened} and if so where do I put them?

Speedy Gonzales
14-06-2005, 04:04 PM
I would put those files in the folders, as stated on the Nero site.

Delete the others. See if it makes any diff.

As stated in the original / first post u posted.

gradebdan
14-06-2005, 06:19 PM
I have just done that. Put the whole 26 files into the Nero folder. No diff. Still says Need windows original wnaspi32.dll ....I have already done what Nero said in my first post.I will now see if nero does the job in spite of the error mess.

gradebdan
14-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Nah. As soon as I ask Nero to do something it disappears and the small error Mess.appears. "Need windows orig. wnasp...."

pheonix
14-06-2005, 06:55 PM
Try going start - run then enter...

regsvr "PATH"\wnaspi32.dll

So if you put a copy of wnaspi32.dll into c:\windows\system32 , then it will be..

regsvr c:\windows\system32\wnaspi32.dll

Speedy Gonzales
14-06-2005, 06:55 PM
Check this site out. And see if u can get it working.

http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~aa571/aspi.htm

You did reboot didnt u??

You dont copy all those files to the nero folder. Just the 2 that are mentioned on the Nero site.

gradebdan
15-06-2005, 12:21 PM
Phoenix.. I typed in the 4th line of your mess. no. 15 and a mess. appeared "can not find the file regsvr (or one of it's components)

gradebdan
16-06-2005, 07:31 PM
I have finally solved my problem. I went to my 98se disc and eventually found wnaspi32 file buried away in cab44.when I sent it to win\system everything worked. Thankyou all for your input.

dlts4u
26-06-2005, 11:50 AM
I have finally solved my problem. I went to my 98se disc and eventually found wnaspi32 file buried away in cab44.when I sent it to win\system everything worked. Thankyou all for your input.

i am so happy i found this thread. i have been having the exact same problem with my nero 6.finally followed your same path that you posted in your last post,and yippeee it worked for me too. thank you so much,i was pulling my hair out :badpc: