PDA

View Full Version : Blank CDs..

Sleepy
11-06-2005, 07:49 PM
Hey all, i'm just wondering what the prices are for 50pack blank cds, if anyone knows of cheap places would be good, in the Auckland area. And does the brand, quality matter?

Thanks

AlphabetSoup
11-06-2005, 08:05 PM
This is a good website to take a look at for prices and you can order online via e-mail if you decide their prices are best.

http://www.blankcd.co.nz/

As for brands and quality. Yes it does matter what you choose, because most disks, if left exposed upto 4 hours in ultraviolet light will become permanently damaged, and some of the cheaper disks do not follow the standards set to allow for error correction during the burning process.

If I recall correctly PCWorld or PCMagazine published an article in last months magazine on this very topic. Perhaps some googling will find that article online, or if you know someone who buys the various pc magazines they may be able to lend you the issue.

Verbatim, Sony are some of the better choices as fr as CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, and DVD+RW disks go.

TDK disks are not bad, but there was recent doubts raised about this brand in terms of where they are being produced and to what standards.

Regards,

Timothy

Sleepy
11-06-2005, 08:44 PM
Yep well blankcds website got them selling for

Vertex 700mb 50pk CDR - White Inkjet $19.90

Although there are sometimes where you just can't wait for a couple days for it to be couriered lol. Are there any retail/computer shops that would be cheaper?

Misty
11-06-2005, 09:24 PM
Ooops - just learnt something I didn't know !!
cheers
Misty :2cents: