PDA

View Full Version : editing text for website

kiwikeith
10-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Hi All
I have a website and a content manager but when I try to insert new text it doesnt show on the page when you go online,its there if I highlight it but then disappears again..on the edit content page it appears in black but non of the other text which is unedited is visible, it seems to sit behind a screen of white, spooky eh?
Any help please
Keith :confused:

ad_267
10-06-2005, 06:18 PM
Could you post a link to the website so we can get a better idea of what the problem might be.

kiwikeith
10-06-2005, 06:36 PM
www.smallstudio.co.nz
and go to the "about us" page..there should be text where the photo of the "old guy",me, is.

pctek
10-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Not that I am any expert but you can read it if its highlighted so perhaps its just that the text is the smae colour as the background. Chnage the text colour to white.

Rob99
10-06-2005, 06:48 PM
This (http://sal.neoburn.net/imagef1/files/Rob99-view-smallstudio.gif) is what I see, note I also had to hilight the text.

You will probally have to ask whoever set the site up as to what can be done, It will probally take them less than 5mins to tell you how, or fix it themselves.

FoxyMX
10-06-2005, 06:56 PM
I don't know what content manager you are using but the reason the text isn't showing is because the colour of the text has not been specifically specified so it shows as the default, which is black.

It needs a tag to specifiy the font colour to be white. How you would do that with a content manager I have no idea as I have never used one but if you change the HTML code paragraph to the following then it should be fine:

<p><font face="arial,helvetica,sans-serif" color="#ffffff"><b><em>Keith Strickland</em></b></font></p>

Note: I have shown just one paragraph - the part that needs to be added to this is: color="#ffffff"

You will have to add the above to the other paragraphs as well so that they are all visible.

Rob99
10-06-2005, 06:58 PM
I don't know what content manager you are using but the reason the text isn't showing is because the colour of the text has not been specifically specified so it shows as the default, which is black.

It needs a tag to specifiy the font colour to be white. How you would do that with a content manager I have no idea as I have never used one but if you change the HTML code paragraph to the following then it should be fine:

<p><font face="arial,helvetica,sans-serif" color="#ffffff"><b><em>Keith Strickland</em></b></font></p>

Note: I have shown just one paragraph - the part that needs to be added to this is: color="#ffffff"

You will have to add the above to the other paragraphs as well so that they are all visible.
Good point, and if that dosent work try using square brackets [ ]

kiwikeith
10-06-2005, 07:39 PM
Thanx guys
I will see if I can change the font colour in the content manager,seems odd that the colour has changed from the deleted/edited text..

ad_267
10-06-2005, 09:37 PM

An easier way would be to add this inside the head tag of each page in the site

<style type="text/css">
<!--
body {color:#FFFFFF;}
-->
</style>

And then all text would appear white.

kiwikeith
10-06-2005, 10:26 PM
sorry guys but i dont know how to write/get to the html..too dumb..thats why I thought the content manager would be easy

kiwikeith
10-06-2005, 10:44 PM
well what do you know I not as dumb as I think.I have just edited my first html and it works by golly,thanks guys..now if I could just learn how to get rid of the flash on my site and just use thumbnails that link to a larger image rather than the not too "flash" flash that is there?

FoxyMX
10-06-2005, 11:23 PM
An easier way would be to add this inside the head tag of each page in the site

<style type="text/css">
<!--
body {color:#FFFFFF;}
-->
</style>

And then all text would appear white.
I was going to suggest that CSS be used but your idea is better than the one that I had.

FoxyMX
10-06-2005, 11:27 PM
well what do you know I not as dumb as I think.I have just edited my first html and it works by golly,thanks guys..Well done. :)

now if I could just learn how to get rid of the flash on my site and just use thumbnails that link to a larger image rather than the not too "flash" flash that is there?I don't see any "flash" but hopefully someone else will have some ideas to help you with that one.