PDA

View Full Version : Getting CD's to play on CD Player.

Newteach
09-06-2005, 10:23 PM
I am trying to help my local Lions club to put some edited sound tracks onto one CD for a performance that they are doing. I have managed to edit the files and can convert the edited file to either an MP3, a Wav file or an org Vorbis...(what ever that is). My question is 'How do I get the finished edited track to play on a standard CD Player? and what format does a standard CD player use..?

Please help...it is for a good cause.... :help:

New Teach..

P.S. Audicity for sound editing ..give it a try it's open source and easy to use.

lagbort
09-06-2005, 10:26 PM
Load the finished file/s into either windows media player or almost any cd burning software and pick the 'audio cd' option.

That will burn a cd fully compatible with normal cd players

tweak'e
09-06-2005, 10:29 PM
wave IS the audio for a standard cd player. its normally easier to burn cd's if they are convert to wave first as sometimes they throw a hissy when converting on the fly. also some older cd burning progs don't like ogg.

KatiMike
10-06-2005, 01:38 AM
as tweak'e has pointed out , WAV is what you need
may pay to make sure the CD player in question is happy playing back CD-R 's [ or CD-RW's ] before the performance ... perhaps try one of your " known good " CD's that you've already burnt