PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Web-designer

Atomix
09-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Hi,

I am looking for a Web designer.

I have a website that I want to be built using largely dymanic content that will be pulled from a Database (which is yet to be created).
The website will need to be able to grow automatically as the database does with end-user input, so we're assuming some fairly in-depth knowledge of PHP (ideally, so we can run it from a Linux box) or ASP.

Ideally if you're in Auckland, that'd make life easier for F2F meetings. Otherwise, if you're good enough, we could use Netmeeting to collaborate.

Also if you have some knowledge about online purchasing/credit-card systems that could be implemented, that would be a real plus too :)

It could possibly (or probably) be on-going work as the website expands.

Thanks in advance, I will keep an eye on this thread over the coming days and am happy to answer any questions about the role.

A.

whetu
09-06-2005, 04:57 PM
Hi,

I am looking for a Web designer.

I have a website that I want to be built using largely dymanic content that will be pulled from a Database (which is yet to be created).
The website will need to be able to grow automatically as the database does with end-user input, so we're assuming some fairly in-depth knowledge of PHP (ideally, so we can run it from a Linux box) or ASP.

Ideally if you're in Auckland, that'd make life easier for F2F meetings. Otherwise, if you're good enough, we could use Netmeeting to collaborate.

Also if you have some knowledge about online purchasing/credit-card systems that could be implemented, that would be a real plus too :)

It could possibly (or probably) be on-going work as the website expands.

Thanks in advance, I will keep an eye on this thread over the coming days and am happy to answer any questions about the role.

A.

What about using some readily available tools to achieve what you want eg Mambo + mambo-phpshop?

This drives down your maintenance TCO, simplifies everything and then your webdev only has to really do aesthetic things... Would you be ok with that?

Atomix
09-06-2005, 05:01 PM
Of course :)

If you feel you would be able to suppliment Mambo with your PHP knowledge to do just that, then I am more than keen

Atomix
09-06-2005, 05:12 PM
What about Mambo + osCommerce?

Im hoping whoever is hired would be able to point out the main differences from a Web-Dev POV

pctek
09-06-2005, 06:17 PM
I recommend:

http://www.silvertech.co.nz/

Excellent guy!!

Atomix
09-06-2005, 07:34 PM
Has this person from Silvertech done work for you previously? Any chance of some examples?

Atomix
09-06-2005, 07:41 PM
Just as another note, this WILL involve some pretty large database work..... :D

andrew93
09-06-2005, 10:05 PM
Have a chat to Wade at www.chameleon.net.nz - he looks after web design, integration with databases, hosting, online tools for hands on maintenance, secure credit card transactions etc. plus he's in Auckland. He knows his stuff from the beginning to the end. How large is 'pretty large'?
A

pctek
10-06-2005, 09:32 AM
Just as another note, this WILL involve some pretty large database work..... :D
Email him and see.......

stu161204
10-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Atomix > if you are still looking for a Web-designer PM me :)

CreightonBrown
11-06-2005, 01:43 AM
I think i would could more of a web developer.

Drop me a line if your interested.

Sample work: www.digitalbuilder.co.nz (http://www.digitalbuilder.co.nz)

I am willing to offer discounts because I don't have much work on at the moment, i need more sales & marketing.

Atomix
14-06-2005, 03:15 PM
Chameleon looks good, I'll have a hunt around.