PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard and mouse problems

Dana
09-06-2005, 10:37 AM
I have a Dell 8200 laptop running windows xp.....I reformatted about a month ago and went from xp professional to xp home.....about a week ago the keyboard and mouse started acting up....the keyboard will not respond at times and when I use the mouse to try and click on the start button it just flashes for a second and will not come up......same goes for right clicking.....and when I click on a icon to start a program all that comes up is the properties box....I ran a few spyware programs and found some things and got rid of them ...but it continued to do the same thing....so I reformatted thinking that would fix it ...but nooooo it is still doing it and I don't know why or what I can do about it...can someone help me please?

qyiet
09-06-2005, 04:10 PM
It sounds like a hardware problem.. sorry.

You can test it by getting an external mouse and keyboard. If they respond normally, then ..<sigh>.. not much I can suggest that would be cheap.

-Qyiet

Jen
09-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Are you using a USB or PS/2 mouse? (if external). Did you also install the motherboard drivers for the laptop when you reinstalled Windows?

Dana
10-06-2005, 12:42 AM
Thanks Qyite for trying to help :)

Jen ...Please tell me more about the motherboard drivers...I do not know if I did or not...where would I find those ...Thanks Dana

godfather
10-06-2005, 01:15 AM
There would likely have been a driver CD supplied with the laptop.
If not, download them from the Dell website.
http://support.ap.dell.com/apjsite/Downloads/type.aspx?SystemID=INS_PNT_P4_8200&category=0&os=WW1%20%20&osl=EN&devid=1134&svg=