PDA

View Full Version : Log-in XP Pro

Shiner
08-06-2005, 06:15 PM
I'm running windows XP Pro and have two accounts on the computer. My own, which is password protected, and one other. When I set it up all worked okay and when the screen saver cut in, the window reverted to the log-in screen for the two accounts.

Although the acreen saver is still set, it does not now function and does not revert to the log-in screen for the two accounts. When I boot-up it loads through the log-in screen okay, but thereafter it simply leaves my account open.

I have checked and rechecked all the settings and all appear to be OK. I have changed nothing. I wonder if anyone might have an idea on this...?

Many thanks...

Jen
08-06-2005, 07:11 PM
Under display properties > screensaver, there should be a check box for enabling the password login option. Was this one of the settings that you had already checked?

Shiner
09-06-2005, 11:16 AM
Jen, Thanks for your comment, but I can't see that check box...

Jen
09-06-2005, 06:14 PM
I checked the correct terminology today, and there should be a checkbox beside "On resume, password protect" - put a tick in that and click Apply.

Shiner
10-06-2005, 10:34 AM
Jen, Thanks for your advice. Yesterday I did a 'restore' back to 1 June and that solved the problem. I should have thought of trying that before. Nonetheless, many thanks for your attention.