PDA

View Full Version : mailwasher and scanning

jonp
07-06-2005, 02:27 PM
I have recently got mail washer installed and now use it to filter out the junk. However I am concerned that mailwasher is by passing my virus scanning facilities (NOD32) when processing the mail to my outlook.

Has anybody else come across this or am I just missing something ?

Thanks

Safari
07-06-2005, 02:55 PM
Mailwasher does not process the mail to Outlook
Outlook downloads any messages that you have left on the server after you have viewed them in mailwasher.
Mailwasher does not play any part in the mail scan when downloading to Outlook this is controlled by your anti-virus program.

jonp
07-06-2005, 05:27 PM
errrm okay, so in my language does this mean I cannot scan emails if using mail washer or have i got it set up incorrectly or perhaps my virus scanner set up incorrectly ?

cheers

sambaird
07-06-2005, 05:32 PM
Na norton should still be scanning nothing to do with mailwasher if it isent

drcspy
07-06-2005, 05:46 PM
mailwasher lets you preview yoru mail and then decide what to allow through and what not to allow through........after you clik the 'process mail' button the program then tells the isp mail delivery service what mail you DO want....and then opens up your outlook/outlookexpress program as usual.........the antivirus program has nothing whatsoever to do wiht mailwasher and vice versa........