PDA

View Full Version : Help Microsoft Digital Image suite problem

eddie1
01-06-2005, 08:10 PM
Hi, My friend has the above program . It shows thumbnails of photo's that are available to be viewed etc. He unfortunately deleted one photo from the disk but this program still shows the thumbnail for it. He wishes to archive his photos but the program fails as it can not find this particular file as it has been deleted. There appearsd to be no way you can delete the thumbnail as each time you try to do so it says the file does not exist. In desperation he removed the program and reinstalled it BUT THE THUMBNAIL stll exists and can nto be removed - any ideas please

Eddie

AlphabetSoup
01-06-2005, 09:47 PM
I'm not overly familiar with the software you are having trouble with but I was thinking perhaps a solution for the time being, until you can find out how to delete the thumbnail successfully, would be to download the following application and use it to recover the accidently deleted image.

Pc InSpector File Recovery Software (http://www.pcinspector.de/smart_media_recovery/uk/welcome.htm)

The other thing I was wondering was whether you have tried to delete the thumbnail while in Safe Mode. Perhaps something running in the background during a normal windows session is replacing the deleted thumnail or preventing a successful removal.

Regards,

Timothy